Thread: Ranking System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Ranking System

I normally dont rank whore, but lately I've been checking rank non-stop to try and figure out how the system works. I know that killing high ranking people gives more points towards rank than lower lvl. But on all other servers I've played it wasnt such a huge impact.

How does it work exactly? I'll give you an example as to why I'm confused about it...

couple days ago i had 1375 skill from going 12/7. next day i went 70/49 in one session skill went up to 1445. next session same day i went 35/29. skill went up to 1472. next day i went 5/8 score goes down to 1442 (understandable of course). But about 4 days later (today) i go 72/25 and my skill drops to 1424, and i lose 10 spots on rank! that's almost a 3:1 kdr and my score went down...

It makes me feel as tho the only way to go up in rank is to NEVER play when high ranking regulars aren't on. Then once they do log on it really doesnt seem to matter how good you do. So long as you stay positive it increases rank? Confuses the hell out of me.

2. Default

Just ignore the rankings. I doubt they'll ever be completely accurate.

3. Default

Yeah why do you think dual is number 1? Cuz it doesn't matter. I could pass him up anytime i want but its just not important. Also whytboi has gone through the ranks like crazy... that means you know something is wrong.
    -MBP

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Yeah why do you think dual is number 1? Cuz it doesn't matter. I could pass him up anytime i want but its just not important. Also whytboi has gone through the ranks like crazy... that means you know something is wrong.
    Stop picking on me.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Stop picking on me.
    Lol, sorry. (Man hug)
    -MBP

6. Default

It doesn't matter what your kdr is. What matters is if you die who kills you and who do you kill. (Think about it - you get little points for killing noobs and many points for killing pros. Those points get siphoned from the player you kill. Therefore a noob killing you is really bad for your rank.