Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking System

1. Default Ranking System

I normally dont rank whore, but lately I've been checking rank non-stop to try and figure out how the system works. I know that killing high ranking people gives more points towards rank than lower lvl. But on all other servers I've played it wasnt such a huge impact.

How does it work exactly? I'll give you an example as to why I'm confused about it...

couple days ago i had 1375 skill from going 12/7. next day i went 70/49 in one session skill went up to 1445. next session same day i went 35/29. skill went up to 1472. next day i went 5/8 score goes down to 1442 (understandable of course). But about 4 days later (today) i go 72/25 and my skill drops to 1424, and i lose 10 spots on rank! that's almost a 3:1 kdr and my score went down...

It makes me feel as tho the only way to go up in rank is to NEVER play when high ranking regulars aren't on. Then once they do log on it really doesnt seem to matter how good you do. So long as you stay positive it increases rank? Confuses the hell out of me.

2. Default

Just ignore the rankings. I doubt they'll ever be completely accurate.

3. Default

Yeah why do you think dual is number 1? Cuz it doesn't matter. I could pass him up anytime i want but its just not important. Also whytboi has gone through the ranks like crazy... that means you know something is wrong.
    -MBP

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Yeah why do you think dual is number 1? Cuz it doesn't matter. I could pass him up anytime i want but its just not important. Also whytboi has gone through the ranks like crazy... that means you know something is wrong.
    Stop picking on me.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Stop picking on me.
    Lol, sorry. (Man hug)
    -MBP

6. Default

It doesn't matter what your kdr is. What matters is if you die who kills you and who do you kill. (Think about it - you get little points for killing noobs and many points for killing pros. Those points get siphoned from the player you kill. Therefore a noob killing you is really bad for your rank.

7. Default

well obviously there are flaws in the system (aka a new player thats uber awesome kills you but is a "noob" in the psychostats cos hes new on the server).

but clearly the biggest problem is the fact that im not #1 :P

8. Default

Yeah I stated above I understand that better players = more points for killing them and less points lost from dieing to them. And if it had just been a server full of newbs I woulda understood. But there was 1-2 regs on at the time (Cant remember who. Was high at the time But I do remember 3 of them on the opposite team were ranked in the 200's cuz they kept checkin their rank as well) And there was only 8 people in the server most of the time. So a good portion of my kills had to come from them considering I went 17-0 before I died and 30-9 by the mapchange. Then on the nextmap I did slightly worse.

What I was stating was that to me it feels a bit like the other person's rank has a slightly unbalanced effect on it. I've been playing CS since waaay back (Anyone remember scoped m4's?) and this is actually the first instance where I've noticed ranks fluctuating so "randomly". Others I have talked to share my opinion as well.

9. Default

The only thing you can do with the ranking system is ignore it. Today have have probably gone -30 kills and 200 deaths cuz flawless had to keep trying to start stuff! Your sister better watch out buddy, I love me some Hispanic chicks!
    -MBP

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by D1lD0 View Post
    Yeah I stated above I understand that better players = more points for killing them and less points lost from dieing to them. And if it had just been a server full of newbs I woulda understood. But there was 1-2 regs on at the time (Cant remember who. Was high at the time But I do remember 3 of them on the opposite team were ranked in the 200's cuz they kept checkin their rank as well) And there was only 8 people in the server most of the time. So a good portion of my kills had to come from them considering I went 17-0 before I died and 30-9 by the mapchange. Then on the nextmap I did slightly worse.

What I was stating was that to me it feels a bit like the other person's rank has a slightly unbalanced effect on it. I've been playing CS since waaay back (Anyone remember scoped m4's?) and this is actually the first instance where I've noticed ranks fluctuating so "randomly". Others I have talked to share my opinion as well.
    Well just for the record, you gain about 5 skill for killing a noob, and you can lose up to 100 for getting killed by one. That means you need up to 20 noob kills to justify a death.