Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stamp <ibis.a>

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    I was going by Zero's post a few months ago. Respect. The reason I muted you was because you simply said "Shut the fuck up jojo". Besides the fact, I un-muted you almost immediately after I had muted you. There was absolutely no reason for you to just blatantly swear at someone about something so mundane as singing on a mic, whether it's a kid or someone else.

--> http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422 <--
    (This is the post I'm referring to)

You guys wonder why she goes off on torrents of screaming swear words and bullshit? She's a fucking kid. Tell her to shut the fuck up, she'll start going off on you or she'll just be more annoying.

You can ask jojo or ask Zero to check the logs. I've muted jojo several times in the past. Just show some fucking respect and common human decency to your fellow players, it might get you somewhere, Oasis. I didn't make up a rule saying you had to ask her nicely, but to just flat out say shut the fuck up isn't prudent, especially with a kid. What happened when she was signing? Did she stop when you said "shut the fuck up jojo"? No. After I muted you, I did an admin say "jojo, please stop singing." Poof. Her singing ended.

As for jojo getting away with shit, it doesn't happen if I'm playing. It's not my place to be biased and say I don't like her, but honestly I don't like her. I mute her as a last resort because all that does it just provoke her.

It's similar to people playing HLSS sounds. If anyone has a problem with it, type it or say it. I'll mute them if they don't respect your playing time and stop.
    Mic spamming is against the server rules. Why does a rule breaker have to be asked nicely? Spamming shouldn't have happened to begin so you shouldn't need to show respect.
    Last edited by Walter; 08-29-2008 at 06:33 AM.

2. Default

Jojo does seem to get special treatment, I don't really know why though. Respect is one thing, but extreme annoyance is another, you can't expect people to act rationally when the person whom they have a problem with is acting irrationally as well.

(Although I do have to admit Oasis has little to no respect :P)

3. Default

if this liitle kid is always ranting & swearing.... do onto others as they do to you.

shut the fuck up jojo....

4. Default

This is why i mute her when she does that shit. Sick of it, and i was in there under a hidden name, she should have been muted several times, and everyone was telling her to stfu, it shouldn't have mattered how he said it seeing as how no action was taken against her. But if i had muted her, there is always one admin that is mad and always naggs on me to unmute her, sick of dealing with it tbh...

But like they said, Stamp is a fair admin, and it is a tricky situation because on one hand, she is funny, but on the other she can be really annoying

Talking

Well I believe that an 11 year old girl shouldn't even be playing CS:S but who cares, I bet her parents don't.

And yeah, she shouldn't get special privileges just because she is younger, it's her choice to play on a server with players who range in age. She plays on this server at her own will, meaning she knows that people will swear and will be rude. But then again, it's just a fucking game... as far as respect is concerned... it isn't really necessary. If you have respect towards players than that's fine... if you don't that should be fine too. Just don't go off on the players that annoy you.

Just my two cents. LOL.

And yeah we got way off topic with the Scorpion King 2... the movie so good that it went straight to Blu Ray? LOL.

6. Default

stamo is a fiar admin, i enjoy my time in server with him... jojo is a real annoyance, i dont even join if its in the server...

i wish there was a way to auto mute her..

i also will say that she gets speical treatment. and other people have suffered for it..

i personaly have muted jojo over 2 dozen times. and have honestly thought about banning the payer due to the constant headaches i due to her.
    also am sick of the treatment she gets.. all players need a even playing feild..
    if its ok to say stfu to one person - its ok to say it to all people...

7. Default

im a girl, therefore corny is alright. lol
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/DMonic/projectsig.gif

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Mic spamming is against the server rules. Why does a rule breaker have to be asked nicely? Spamming shouldn't have happened to begin so you shouldn't need to show respect.
    Honestly, I drone everyone out. The mic spam only gets me when I see some jackass's mic pop up 30 times on my screen and the ambience coming from said pop-up never changes.

That's why I didn't notice it at first, but I noticed when Oasis yelled shut the fuck up in his mic.

Look at it this way. Every time, at least in my witness, someone has told jojo to even so simply "shut up", what happens? She does exactly what you would expect a person under the age of 18 to do. "I'm not going to shut up, you shut up." To me, that's escalating the situation. When they berate her with that constant torment, all it does is continue to escalate the situation until she has an outburst on someone. To me, that's unreasonable. You can't expect her to take those words as a responsible and reasonable "adult" would. Now it's not my place to criticize her parents, so I'm not going to. It's their choice to allow her to play the game. Not my kid, not my problem.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    Honestly, I drone everyone out. The mic spam only gets me when I see some jackass's mic pop up 30 times on my screen and the ambience coming from said pop-up never changes.

That's why I didn't notice it at first, but I noticed when Oasis yelled shut the fuck up in his mic.

Look at it this way. Every time, at least in my witness, someone has told jojo to even so simply "shut up", what happens? She does exactly what you would expect a person under the age of 18 to do. "I'm not going to shut up, you shut up." To me, that's escalating the situation. When they berate her with that constant torment, all it does is continue to escalate the situation until she has an outburst on someone. To me, that's unreasonable. You can't expect her to take those words as a responsible and reasonable "adult" would. Now it's not my place to criticize her parents, so I'm not going to. It's their choice to allow her to play the game. Not my kid, not my problem.
    well said, tho i would have muted both people but thats my view worth exactly 13 cents

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by iceofworm View Post
    well said, tho i would have muted both people but thats my view worth exactly 13 cents
    lol, at least it's worth something.