Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comcast Usage Cap In place.

1. Default

Hasn't happend yet but I have no doubt that it will. They will always find a way out of the things they do as they always have done in the past. It isn't right for a company to have that kind of power yet no one stops them. Microsoft, Comcast, Verizon, Ect, Ect...

2. Default

anyone know if At&t has something like this in affect?

3. Default

They have a cap on there wireless boradban already, I heard rumors of them thinking about placing one but IDK. Knowing AT&T it wont be long before they follow in everyone elses footsteps.

On a side note, The FCC has plans to auction off a 25MHz piece of the Advanced Wireless Service spectrum and has found no interference. I guess we wont be getting free wireless internet after all, you know damn well some greedy company will prevent it like T-Mobile is trying to do along with many others.
    Last edited by Steamer; 08-30-2008 at 05:00 PM.

4. Default

The worst part about this is that Comcast and the like own these politicians. They donate gigantic amounts of money to their campaigns to get the laws they want passed. The laws they want passed make them legal monopolies. There is practically nothing we can do about it short of voting for someone else that isn't in the telecom's pockets.

Unfortunately nobody cares enough about this for it to be a major issue for most politicians. This will go largely unnoticed by most of the population. The only hope we have is that the telecoms start fucking up so badly it leads to widespread complaints on a whole lot of politician's desks, or that the IT industry suffers enough to warrant some serious complaints.

Basically the long and the short: we're fucked.

5. Default

They already auctioned off the spectrum, google lost and verizon won.

6. Default

Yea, 700 Mhz I think. Those "white space" frequencies sure could have went to a much better use and/or help out hte less fortunate (people in non-rural areas). Oh well, Money rules all in this day and age. =\

7. Default

THank god for Verizon FIOS !!

8. Default

Thoose lines wont stay so fast unmetered forever... anyhow, can't wait for the stuff to be put in around my area.