Thread: Comcast Usage Cap In place.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1. Default

Who downloads 250 gigs a month anyway? But we need to crack down on this because it is a restriction of our freedom. We got to combat it before they start tightening the noose around our neck and we find ourselves hanging to death.
    -MBP

2. Default

You would be suprised how many people could go threw the bandwidth. Still, think of a few years from now.... High Def video steaming and ect, theres no note that caps will rise in the future and it places a restriction on future growth of content on the internet. I stream Netflix videos and they will son be streaming High deff also. at a videa a day, say compressed to ~8gigs x30 days, I could eat up all of my cap atm. That would leave me 10 gigs to do what I want with. Could cause some big restrictions in the future to come.

3. Default

They also fuck themselves a bit b/c who needs high speeds if your not trying to get some big file. We need the gov to step in and say this is bs. At minimum they need to offer an unlimited plan at the same speed for a reasonable price. They should not be able to cap our access to the internet just to line their pockets and shut out competition.

4. Default

Well I suspect there will be massive migrations and then they'll realize that it's not the users who are the assholes around.

5. Default

I doubt that noting that most people will not notice or care enough to do anything until all internet providers do shit like this. I wonder if this number will double every 24 months like technology does...