Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bitches you better listen!

Default people with unnamed tags

when people in game play starts to tell the admins that unnamed 1 no no it was unnamed 2 wait it was??? see what i am getting at. even if it was 1 we have other people saying it was 2 or 3. this is y unnamed people need names no confusion . dont want to " admin abuse" just anyone.. get it

2. Default

Unnamed and unconnected are two different stories.

Unnamed's are the new to CSS personnel, that don't have a name/don't know how to have a name.

Unconnected's are personnel that don't have a name that shows up in ma_users, but they have a Steam ID and are connected to the server for one purpose. Maliciously antagonize server users. (i.e. mic spam, etc).

3. Default

People that are new have the name: Player

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    People that are new have the name: Player
    Oh... wheres unnamed from then? I think when I first started I came into servers as unnamed (different servers than IBIS, until I re-met up with Cujo and started playing IBIS).

5. Default

Hmm, mine was Unnamed when I first ever logged onto it. Maybe it updated to prevent that?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Hmm, mine was Unnamed when I first ever logged onto it. Maybe it updated to prevent that?
    In any case, as far as I can tell from Vicious' post, you don't care if unnamed plays, it's unconnected that admins are to use punitive measures on?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    1. You dont not make up rules cause you're an admin.
    a. you dont ban/kick cause someone is named unnamed.
    b. you dont ban/kick cause someone is taking top route on mario escape.

I TALK TO ZERO ABOUT THIS.

c. you mute/kick/ban cause someone talks about jojo. I say she is a mic spammer, i don't give a fuck if you think is 11 years old, she does abuse her mic privileges.

d. you're are not special just cause you pay for admin compare to other players.

aka, you admins are being dumb fuck with rules, stop being fucking stupid and use common sense and be more sensible with other players rather you're own way of playing.
    I remember you. You were the one whining on mario escape.

Lets look at the TOS. Getting players stuck going into the top of the pipe could be considered glitching. Since it WILL become a clusterfuck. You know this. We tell everyone NOT to go through the top. Wait in line and go through the side. People in the back are most likely gonna die. If I spawn in the back and know I wont make it through, I off myself right away and watch the others play. You can tell these people again and again not to, but they will. Cause its funny. People have admitted it. The map is a super fun map, its retards that ruin it. Same for the other 99% of the maps.

As far as jojo, Ive only had the pleasure of being on with her twice and then I switched to pub both times IIRC. I deal with my 2 year old. I dont want to come onto a mature rated game for my happy alone time to deal with another one.

As far as paying admins thinking they are special, well, they kinda are. We give back to our CS community that is called IBIS by giving ZERO money and keeping the servers up. Could he do it without paying admins. I dont know. I have no knowledge on ZEROs financial issues, nor do I know if he would want to keep paying for servers that are littered with people that like to bend, break, and press the issue of the rules set forward by him.

I myself like to come to IBIS and play. Ive even started going towards the pub alot more and even made a few friends there. This community is a really good one when all of the cool players are online. Since Ive been playing here for over a year, I decided to give a little back by paying ZERO to be an admin. I use my "real" powers sparingly. ZERO can attest to this. Even when we were playing spacestation, people were leaving humans behind that were guarding the first door. He wanted a ban ASAP. I went to spec to watch for it and then called the name out. He said ban. I did. If I cant get a positive ID, I dont do anything. It would be unfair to ban the wrong person. Plus I dont want threads like this popping up about me when I am actually trying to help police the server while I am trying to enjoy my free time.

In closing, I dont care who you talk to. Let zero make posts like this. You can go fuck your face with a cheese grater and have a nice day.

8. Default

Fish ftw!!

Also, Vicious, if I remember correctly you were being silly with your admin powers, making people say stuff that they didn't really wanna say (even if it was for lulz), starting your own votes and making everyone answer "Yes," that you are their God or whatever nonsense it was I forgot exactly, so in a sense it's like the pot calling the kettle black.

The admins that I play with are generally fair in their requests. I played with ZERO on spacestation and he got mad when people would intentionally close the door on people trying to make it through. marioescape is very similar, just that it's a glitch into a tub. And it's not like you can miss it, everyone is lined up to get in there anyway, one by one. The pricks are probably thinking they don't wanna wait in traffic so they'll take the other way around *sigh*

9. Default

And I talked to ZERO about the unnamed thing, if there is more than 1 unnamed player, either they change their name, or you change it for them, using the cexec command, make it a random name like Joe or something, unless they tell you what they want for a name

10. Default

I won't get into the Mario Escape drama, or Admin's using their powers when people do stupid things, because both are reliably annoying and impossible to fix.

I do want to make a comment about young players like Jojo. We get a lot of 10-14 year olds and I'd like to think with mature admins online the IBIS servers would be a better place for them to play than elsewhere. We've had regular's cousins, siblings, etc. play and everything is fine. I don't see why we're harping on just Jojo. Plenty of players come online and get into hissy fits (young and old, perhaps more old than young), is she being singled out because she's young and female? Why aren't we complaining about some of the young males that shriek and cuss their heads off? Why aren't we complaining about me going falsetto and yelping as I get overwhelmed?

Most of the time the arguments begin when someone is making fun of her for being a girl. As far as I'm concerned this is more troubling than complaints about Jojo.

I don't mind playing with kids and I don't see why we need to automatically mute them only because their voice isn't gruff and manly.

If that's the only kind of voice you feel comfortable hanging out around then perhaps you should get out more and stop picking on these poor kids who are on to have fun too.