Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The news is in sadly im never going to return.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    ... wait bush's turn is almost over.. why are our men and women in the armed forces still going over to iraq
    lol

They also like to use the tubes for drilling oil rigs fitted with homemade efps... Those things are fuckin nasty
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

2. Default

Y'all do realize you're talking to little rambo, not the one that's in Iraq?...

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    ... wait bush's turn is almost over.. why are our men and women in the armed forces still going over to iraq
    Well if fucking McCain wins, I can guarantee he won't extract them.

3. Default

You do realize that for the past five months or so, the death toll in iraq has been the lowest since the war started. I love how people keep repeating the same fuckin record. I'm not sayin we were right in going in there, but its stupid to pull out when progress is finally being made. If we pulled out now a civil war would erupt and we'd be back to square one.
    And also, I have a feeling you're going to be seeing more and more troops going into afghanistan as the U.S. steps up the pressure on the taliban.
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

4. Default

I love how we measure progress by the number of troops dieing. How about its not progress until NO TROOPS are dieing.
    -MBP

5. Default

Wouldn't it be finished when no troops are dying? Isn't progress a measure of how close you are to your end goal? I don't only view it in terms of the death toll though. The fact that we're diverting more troops to afghanistan helps to show the current situation in Iraq.

Maybe I'm coming across as too argumentative. I understand and completely respect the fact that people have their own views. I don't expect you to agree with mine and really there isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to interpret the facts... as long as you have the facts right.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Wouldn't it be finished when no troops are dying? Isn't progress a measure of how close you are to your end goal? I don't only view it in terms of the death toll though. The fact that we're diverting more troops to afghanistan helps to show the current situation in Iraq.

Maybe I'm coming across as too argumentative. I understand and completely respect the fact that people have their own views. I don't expect you to agree with mine and really there isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to interpret the facts... as long as you have the facts right.
    Facts cannot be right or wrong, they are just actual occurrences of reality. Facts can be "considered" true in other contexts based on any testing or research done to "prove" something to be true or factual. If a fact is wrong, is it indeed then not a fact, or a myth, hoax, or miss-assumption?

As for the whole situation, it's not my place to comment. Only time will tell and the measure of progression is all in the eye(s) of the beholder.

7. Default

If you measured progress in war by no deaths than no war has ever been one and the south should have it's own country...

8. Default

I love how no one likes to talk about what they thought about the war when it started, only how now they decided it was bad and so we must leave. Well guess what, if we did fuck up as many of us believe, if we did just invade a nation for no reason then we better keep sending people over there until the shit it as close to the way it was as possible. On the other hand, if they were a threat and they no longer are one and we attacked them for just reasons than yea we should leave maybe it will teach other nations that threaten us what happens when they cross the line.

But yea, if we destroyed a nation for no reason do we not have a responsibility as a nation to fix our mess. If what a lot of you believe is true we created this and it is our duty to fix it.

Also anyone that is determining what our military should and should not do based on if they get killed they are a fool. In war people die that was true before the war and it will be afterword.

Here is some food for thought: In Vietnam "civilians" were fighting for the enemy, if they were killed shooting at us they were military but if we shot them the night before they were a civilian death... Civilian casualties will always be part of war and even more so when your enemy is civilians.
    Last edited by ZERO; 10-13-2008 at 09:38 AM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Now that was random. LoL