Thread: Google Chrome

1. Default Google Chrome

Anyone else trying out this new web browser? its seems pretty fast and stable, no problems so far.

http://www.google.com/chrome

2. Default

I downloaded. Installed. Looked at it.... And then instantly uninstalled. Seems like just more shit that i don't need.
    -MBP

3. Default

Yep, Im good with FF atm.

4. Default

Me and another guy at work have been playing around with it. I think it's impressive for a first release. The javascript virtual machine is scary fast. I just hope Microsoft takes note and improve their IE8 javascript performance. From what I've seen so far, IE8 is pitiful with tons of rendering issues.

It'll be a while (if ever) before Chrome starts directly competing with FF and IE's market share.

5. Default

The best thing about it so far having been using it at work is that each tab runs its own process so when a website crashes your shit, you don't lose everything you were looking at, just the tab that crashed. Other than that I haven't noticed it being faster than firefox 3

6. Default

I use that iGoogle and put tons of apps on it at work. It takes forever to dl. But I like the SD Chargers cheerleader pic once a day. I can't look at anything like that without being caught.

7. Default

Can't you see that Google is once again undermining Microsoft with their (mostly superior) services. Microsoft needs to pay close attention to Google and get ready for WAR of the internet information exchange.

8. Default

What do you guys think is the fastest browser right now?

Im using Firefox, but i have been thinking about google chrome. I heard it was fast. Simple answers please, im not very techy or anything (Zero).
    -MBP

9. Default

I think it is chrome but the next version of firefox (.1) will be 10x faster. FYI the browser built into the ps3 is faster than IE7

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I think it is chrome but the next version of firefox (.1) will be 10x faster. FYI the browser built into the ps3 is faster than IE7
    I read that this morning also.
    -MBP