Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Lmfao...

what a dumb thing 2 say. due explain how this apparently looks worse than the majority of current MMO's, would love 2 hear this.

This game and Guild Wars 2 are like the biggest MMO's in terms of fan fan-base/hype in the past 5 years, and this mmo has everything that any traditional MMO has... so given there's like damn near no actual gameplay footage, or anything other than cinematic trailers, how exactly does this look worse than anything.
    Actually there has been plenty of actual gameplay footage with both beta leaks and legal releases and they have all looked great.

I will def buy this just because it's Bioware and they have never disappointed me. I plan to play a IA Sniper

I suggest those who follow the game should check out Darth Hater since they have the best coverage of the game.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

2. Default

the majority of the gameplay footage is from years ago, it's not current.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    the majority of the gameplay footage is from years ago, it's not current.
    More like months ago.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

4. Default

I said MAJORITY.

ive seen every vid they have put out...

also a lot of the vids show more of the like quest system and what not, not actual look of good raw gameplay pvp/pve footage. there is some sure, but not a ton.

I wana beta test it =(

for newer gameplay footage this is prob 1 of my favs.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Last edited by maynard; 06-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

i beta tested it almost a year ago

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    i beta tested it almost a year ago
    .... you son of a bitch

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Apparently we wont be able to get it through steam, only EA Origin or Retail.
    http://exophase.com/23486/ea-pulls-c...nly-on-origin/

I dont mind it, but some people seem upset

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

8. Default

damn starmine they really do seem to be pissed off saying therejust going to pirate all ea's shit now i am not understanding the huge problem with this you can still buy and download a site and then add it to a non steam game. is that to hard? The only reason i wouldrather buy games through steam because it makes my game i own higher on steam lol and i think thats pathetic

9. Default

lol brent. :P

oh, and just to give maynard some more details

this was at the end of June 2010, I had 3 days to beta test on Nal Hutta, the Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent classes.

i was able to play to level 10 i think. or was it level 8. eh. it escapes me now. heh.

it was really cool. the voice acting was amazing, and i'm glad they've invested a good amount in that. the way it was when i played, if each class is as well done as the bounty hunter and imperial agent, i'm going to want to play every class. I think that is a sign of a well made mmo. and that was a year ago! lol.

10. Default

looks like they are shutting down star wars galaxies in dec 2 make way for TOR... I hope that doesn't mean we wont see TOR till dec or jan of next year...

either way I'm itching so bad for some star wars action I think I'm gonna fuck around on galaxies for a while...

Maynard - The WCS Guy