Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2011 Spring Anime Overview

1. Default

not a fan of your so called greatest anime ever

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    not a fan of your so called greatest anime ever
    i said one of. it's actually the third, if you want to get technical.

behind evangelion in first and GITS (1st and 2nd series) in second place. then after eureka it's elfen leid, outlaw star, bebop, and panty and stocking w/ garterbelt
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    i stated to watch it it is a good one but the title of it just dousnt make it out to sound like a good one i thought it would be like alice in wonderland type thing but its far from that and is a good anime for sure.
    That's the point. "Deadman Wonderland" is a name that is supposed to evoke juxtaposition between something sinister-sounding and something fluffy-sounding, which is exactly what the series does with its crazy amusement-park theme. Never judge an anime based on the title. After all, if you did that you might think Puella Magi Madoka Magica was some cute healing anime. XD
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

4. Default

i guess your right. but a lot of bad anime i have seen have bad titles or just dont make any since to me. but this one is deff. one of the top of this year so far.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
    That's the point. "Deadman Wonderland" is a name that is supposed to evoke juxtaposition between something sinister-sounding and something fluffy-sounding, which is exactly what the series does with its crazy amusement-park theme. Never judge an anime based on the title. After all, if you did that you might think Puella Magi Madoka Magica was some cute healing anime. XD
    actually cause of the word "Puella" in there i thought it had something to do with frying pans XD but turns out it is just latin for "young girl" or something

succesful troll is succesful!!!

Yeah, I took 4 years of Latin in high school so I knew what "puella" meant already. Actually the use of Latin in a title of anime is a pretty good sign that a series will be more than it seems to be.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

7. Default

ao no exorcist is frakking amazing...
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

8. Default

Watching that now. waiting to see what the students will do when they find out his secrets. though its a shonun so I can probably predict it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Watching that now. waiting to see what the students will do when they find out his secrets. though its a shonun so I can probably predict it now.
    i just watched the episode where he saves blondie by uding the flames, while fighting mephy's brother. then the chick that is channeling that stupid bitch from gurren lagann shows up. i think it's ep. 11 or 12?