Thread: Tiered data plans?

1. Angry Tiered data plans?

Http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/06...ully-detailed/
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

But in all seriousness I don't have any complaints with my droidx. I love the thing. Its fast and does everything i want it to do (like post this). But if I ever want a new phone or if it breaks I would have only 2 options. Either buy a phone at full price, or lose the unlimited data plan. I use this phone so much that losing the unlimited data plan is out of the question.

This sucks. I hope they get rid of the tiered plans or at least change it a bit. I would be willing to pay $50 for unlimited data. Although verizon was already really expensive as it was, it just went to a whole new level with smartphone users.

2. Default

use wifi

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    use wifi
    Normally when i have wifi it means im home so im on my computer and not using my phone, or at my gfs house using my laptop. Streaming youtube/netflix/pandora on my break at work adds up. I also use my phone while in my car to stream music. All in all im a heavy data user.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    Normally when i have wifi it means im home so im on my computer and not using my phone, or at my gfs house using my laptop. Streaming youtube/netflix/pandora on my break at work adds up. I also use my phone while in my car to stream music. All in all im a heavy data user.
    for the streaming netflix/stuff, it's called a portable HD, filled with movies, and a vlc player.

for the music in your car, it's called cd's. remember those?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

And you can still be a heavy data user. If you have the Unlimited plan, you keep the unlimited plan. This is only for new customers, as of now. They don't have an end date on it yet.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    for the streaming netflix/stuff, it's called a portable HD, filled with movies, and a vlc player.

for the music in your car, it's called cd's. remember those?
    What is this CD you speak of?

I know that it is still unlimited so if I want to upgrade, I need to upgrade now. Just saying its gunna suck in the future. Because they will (and probably sooner than later) make it so you can't keep your unlimited data.

7. Default

For now you can even keep unlimited data if you go 4g. I think they will be hard pressed to ever remove this as old customers will flip out.

8. Default

That would require them to break the contract.
    You can sue for that. Many people I know have plans from 10 yers ago with a stupidly cheap phone plan because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?