Thread: [Remove] ze_thelostworld_redux

1. Default [Remove] ze_thelostworld_redux

This map is unbelievably laggy; to an extent where it appears the players are walking in midair when exiting the plane. Once on the ground, they continue to lag and appear to teleport short distances. This map also crashes the server if the map doesn't get changed. Despite warning from admins(if they are online), there has always been a problem with teamkilling every single round by detonating the bridge. The vehicles hardly work.

The admins who play zm regularly know this. Usually, an admin changes the map before the players get off the spawn plane, in order to prevent the server from crashing. One of these days, an admin won't be online to keep the server from crashing. That being said, the map gameplay does not appeal to many zm players and should be removed from nomination and regular rotation, or from the server completely. Whenever this map is on the voting menu, players will almost always vote for it simply because the name "thelostworld" is very appealing to their eye, yet is anything but.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am actually going to be working on a way to possibly fix that map and others like it by editing the entities on the map via sourcemod. This will also allow us the ability to add and remove cade material from various zm maps as well.
    Zero posted this in the update section just thought I would pass it along.
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

3. Default

I would keep the server from going to this map because of the crashes. But, some users in the server would have a problem with that and would take that as admin abuse. Just a thought.

4. Default

Until the possible fix this map should be restricted though. It plays like ass, and crashes the server.
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Until the possible fix this map should be restricted though. It plays like ass, and crashes the server.
    agreed.

6. Default

But unless these updates are going to do something about the vehicles and proper regulation for team killing, I'm all for doing away with the map for good.

7. Default

Agreed, This map needs to be removed. If people dont like it, tough, its needed in order to maintain the server steadily.
    CHANGING MAG