Thread: My new projects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default My new projects

So i decided to do a new project, something my bro did for half-life and its old mods like TFC, and CS 1.6.

That is, hack maps. Difference between this and editing a map is the fact the changes are only server sided, so only the server needs the new modified map. I don't rebuild maps.

So if you have an old version of the map, you won't have to redownload the map again. For example, on 1.6, we made de_vegas into a hostage rescue map, switch the spawns and stuck the hostages in the inside bombing zone. Map was very popular on the server and most people were confused why they didn't have to redownload the map lol.

heres what i done so far the past 30 mins:

lila_panic_v2: got ride of the money box and replaced it with a coke machine

Highschool_beta: removed the bookcase out of the red room.

Heres what i plan on doing:

Highschool_beta:
    make it so if you push a moving object (like a couch) into the red room, it will automatically disappear.

Make the Gun Room Door cause no damage
    Snoopie:
    remove that moving metal shelf thats in the mini outside room between the 2 spawns.

Put objects in vents to make it more smaller (optional by ibis community)

Island defense:
    More spawns
    Kill objects in the walls: so if someone glitches they will die.

Office Attack:
    Make it so that coke machine is easier to push & the door to that room is not lethal

Jurrasic Park:
    Make the Breakable objects in water take longer to break

Make the Door to generator harder to break

Make it so that the plank over the fence in T-rex den unbreakable

Mario Escape:
    Make The first left tube a 2nd teleport that leads to the same room as the first tube, but a slightly offset position.

Take away that hidden teleport beside first tube. (i figure people will get less stuck if they take tube normally.

ATIX Helicopter Escape
    Make it so if zombies go on top of that one light post, they will automatically be knocked off.
    Last edited by vicious; 09-08-2008 at 02:34 AM.

2. Default

(didn't use edit cause thought it was long enough of 1 message lol)

also:

Roy the haunted ship:

Imma make the sky night, add fog (not sure i can just yet), add blood and dead zombie parts in certain areas. with some bg sound effects.

Wintercomplex:

Make it so you can't put machines or objects in vents.

Maps with Disco ROOM:
    Add disco music lol.

ALL MAPS Around each spawn put a cabinet full of dualies, so people wont have to beg for t's to drop them.
    Last edited by vicious; 09-08-2008 at 02:31 AM.

3. Default

Sounds like a plan. I am in the process of learning how to create maps right now. I downloaded the programs I need so hopefully in due time I'll have some maps coming out.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    ALL MAPS Around each spawn put a cabinet full of dualies, so people wont have to beg for t's to drop them.
    Did someone rename you Jesus?! Because THANK YOU JESUS is all I have to say to you!!!!!!

5. Default

lol' you're the main reason i was doing that part, i got tired of you begging for dualies haha. you and someone else, forgot who though lol.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    lol' you're the main reason i was doing that part, i got tired of you begging for dualies haha. you and someone else, forgot who though lol.
    When I say this, I am fully being gay.

I love you, Vicious.

Or was that supposed to be not gay...hmm.