Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Remove] Blahhh

1. Default

what you talking about? I lvl all the races. and if you wana play for yourself or just fuck around you're screwing your team over and not playing as it's intended 2 be played... which also generally leads 2 the losing team qq'ing that team aren't fair... but not ever willing 2 actually do anything about the fact they are losing... but that's a diff matter all together. people only want 2 play blahh 90% of the time 2 explore... and this isn't a exploration server.. it's competitive CSS with races, the second you land on a map like that all seriousness goes out the window. ive seen I think once or twice where the server didn't RTV it, or have half the people just leave cause they were pissed off they were on a map like that...

end result, this map has already been removed from the server once, it was added back on by accident along with others when we switched 2 SM... so in short.. it shouldn't be on the server as it's already been removed from it once.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    the point of playing WCS is 2 pick a race, and lvl it and become better with it... not make the entire server go on pause for 30-40 minutes 2 run around and explore a map... it's just stupid. this map does not belong on the server as it completely stops the purpose of the server and what people want 2 do.
    well maybe that's the point of playing to you. personally i play wcs just cuz it's more fun than regular cs. i play it simply to have fun, with no aim of being better at anything. blahhhh is a fun map to me because i don't take it seriously. you just need to realize that we dont all play stuff for the same reasons you do, so some people may like different things than you. when i play blah, maybe 4-5 people will leave but the server usually stays at whatever volume it was at, and there's a lot of mic activity, lots of laughs all around, and everyone who plays and gives it a chance has fun with it. those who take the game seriously leave, and those who have fun stay.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

Lol if you really wana argue that's not the point, feel free 2 reset all your races skills than and not lvl Lol...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Lol if you really wana argue that's not the point, feel free 2 reset all your races skills than and not lvl Lol...
    youre missing my point. im saying that the point of playing wcs for me is to have fun. playing with different races is fun, being a high level in those races is fun, but ultimately the point for me isn't to be the best with a race or anything...i just wanna have fun, and blahhhh is a very fun map to play on.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

5. Default

"I lvl all the races." Recently, both your play, and your words, disagree with that. You play Eye Ra and Molecule and maybe Shadow Hunter. You've said that you don't care about leveling them all up since you lost all your old data. If there is some other conclusion I should have reached, so be it.

As for "not playing as it's intended 2 be played", I'll just say you're wrong about that. It's different for every person, it's called an opinion. I can quote myself, and now Brett, if you want more on this. I could ask Zack to post, there are PLENTY of

Then there's "people only want 2 play blahh 90% of the time 2 explore". Unless you can read minds, this is a bad statement. Other good reasons to vote for it: it's forbidden, it's hated(to troll), it's different, you don't want to vote for overplayed maps, you want to play an extremely underplayed map, you like Nipper maps, ECT, ECT.

"the second you land on a map like that all seriousness goes out the window." This is the fault of the players, not the map. They see "hey, this could be silly" and play silly. This can, and does, happen on most/all maps.

"ive seen I think once or twice where the server didn't RTV it, or have half the people just leave cause they were pissed off they were on a map like that..." First off, out of how many times playing the map? Once or twice out of four or five wouldn't be that bad, considering people come into it with preset notions that this shouldn't be played. So, how often do you see it get voted for? Also, we lose a larger percentage of the server more consistently on Port, and, as I said before, the same thing used to happen to Thunder, but people's notion on that map has changed. People not feeling like learning how to play on a map or against a certain play style does not mean it's a bad map, just, again, bad players.

"it shouldn't be on the server as it's already been removed from it once." Ok, so now you're saying we should keep crackhouse off? It was removed TWICE now, so that means Crackhouse is GOD AWFUL for WCS, right? That, my good sir, is lousy logic, and you know it. I'm just asking for a good "Reason: Give an explanation as to why we should listen to you". Since the main points seem to be it was removed (see: crackhouse) and it clears the server (see: port), I just want to know what makes it removable in other's minds. I know what it does in mine, but I'm not the one requesting the removal.

And again, I'm not asking to keep it in the main rotation, just in the Admin menu, so if they feel like it, it's there.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 10-02-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: fixed Molecule spelling + Grammar issues

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    youre missing my point. im saying that the point of playing wcs for me is to have fun. playing with different races is fun, being a high level in those races is fun, but ultimately the point for me isn't to be the best with a race or anything...i just wanna have fun, and blahhhh is a very fun map to play on.
    well of course the point is 2 have fun, it's a game... but you obviously and generally will have more fun if you're doing half decent... which involves lvling races... it's also why we have this system of counter races and all that...

@mage

last I checked I don't have 2 play a race 2 lvl it, I play a race I'm good with, make bank, and dump the money into a race I wana lvl... I lvl races quicker by playing this way, and it's how ive ALWAYS played WCS. I damn near never play a race and lvl it up just by playing it, it goes far faster when you make money on a race you're actually good with and just dump it... so obviously my actions and words don't disagree cause 1 that's literally what ive always done in WCS and 2 it works.

no, I'm saying when we went 2 SM the maps got all fucked and that's the ONLY reason it's back on the server as it was already requested for removal, and removed. if you read what I said you would have been able 2 clearly figure that out... and there's nothing wrong with crackhouse as it's a ok sized house, has lots of hiding spots, an objective and warding is not allowed by any means on it. the rounds quite often play out 2 the same time length as they would on office and given it's 1 of the most loved maps in the servers history... I see no problem with it.

and no, I'm not wrong about that.. that is exactly how the server was set up 2 be played... pick races, lvl them, get better races, be more valuable and able 2 help and offer more for your team.... if you don't wana play that way go for it, but that's how the server has been set up, it's why we have rules that govern the races and it's why we have counter races strategically set through the lvl's 2 counter others...

if it's removed from the vote list, I'm happy... as it will only end up being playing late at night when ppl are messed up and it's requested.
    Last edited by maynard; 10-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

crackhouse was not removed. when we changed to SM, the map list derped.

just like how this map was "re added", crackhouse was "removed"
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

First, I will apologize to maynard, like I said, recently, you said you gave up on ranks, which in my mind means you've given up on leveling the other races. You've only been playing the races you're good at, we agree on that, but I went by the game on prodigy when we last played, where if you bought tomes or even changed off of Mol, you did it all in team chat, which I didn't consider given you changed onto Mol using general chat. So sorry for jumping to conclusions.

On the point of the server and opinions, we will have to agree to disagree, because certain rules and lack thereof say the exact opposite thing of what you're saying. And if we're going to discuss it, I can think of better places to do that.

Aco:

So, only removed one on purpose:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-cs_crackhouse

9. Default

I like eye candy maps.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    First, I will apologize to maynard, like I said, recently, you said you gave up on ranks, which in my mind means you've given up on leveling the other races. You've only been playing the races you're good at, we agree on that, but I went by the game on prodigy when we last played, where if you bought tomes or even changed off of Mol, you did it all in team chat, which I didn't consider given you changed onto Mol using general chat. So sorry for jumping to conclusions.

On the point of the server and opinions, we will have to agree to disagree, because certain rules and lack thereof say the exact opposite thing of what you're saying. And if we're going to discuss it, I can think of better places to do that.

Aco:

So, only removed one on purpose:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-cs_crackhouse
    i do believe zero never said he removed it. at the time of that thread, we didn't know that the SM change had screwed up the maplist. thus, blade assumed that it had been manually removed, when it hadn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?