Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Remove] Blahhh

1. Default [Remove] Blahhh

shitty weird map that doesn't work for WCS. we have already removed it once, SM change re added it.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

WHY IS THIS MAP STILL ON THE SERVER?

take it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Awful map.

People vote for it for whatever reason, few people claim it's the coolest fucking thing since sliced bread to show off, we get to it, everyone leaves, no one RTVs.

Wonderful way to clear out the server.
    Last edited by SCRIBBLE; 10-01-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: I hate this shit covered map.

4. Default

This map is an ok map for the first time playing it. Usually people come in and screw around on it. Then everyone leaves or its rtved in a few rounds.

5. Default

ok

it's an awesome map, to play just to fuck around in and explore. the map is extremely complicated and well-mad.

that said, it's absolute crap for wcs, or any server with less than 40 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

i love it. i dont think it should be removed simply for when people wanna screw around and have fun.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

we already removed this crap map once, when we switched 2 SM it was re-added... we need it removed again along with some others.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

instead of remove it entirely we could only remove it from the vote but still let admins access it?

9. Default

the point of playing WCS is 2 pick a race, and lvl it and become better with it... not make the entire server go on pause for 30-40 minutes 2 run around and explore a map... it's just stupid. this map does not belong on the server as it completely stops the purpose of the server and what people want 2 do.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

I do agree that this map and it's ilk do no belong on the normal rotation. That being said, I don't agree that this kind of map has NO place in WCS. What is the problem with it? Rooms are almost all a novelty. But then, we also have the music room in crane, the zombie and lights in classified and a number of other small novelties in various maps. It has rooms where you have to watch from odd places, but you get that one from maps with vents and overhangs. It feels "Mazy", but that's just the novelty factor you're feeling, it's actually straightforward (Minus the CT spawn doors with no labels). The auto kill rooms(pudding and awp), and the damaging areas(bars and flying head) are the main problems IMO. But even then, we have the water in deathcookin and port. We have high places where Beast and Human teleport and kill themselves. Spiderman and Vaga are killing themselves all the time. In travel time, it's about as big as a map like nuke or thunder or train. What is the big difference that makes this map so bad?

The game actually seldom grinds to a halt. As long as the person with the bomb doesn't go off to never-never land, the objective gets done as much as any other DE map, which is usually less than fifty percent. Even with most people playing around, the rounds will end themselves as someone who has a gun and wants to use it find people, or the objective. Yes, sometimes rounds are slowed down by someone not knowing the map, but that's normal for ANY new map, and as long as it doesn't get played so people can learn it, it WILL be a new map. The biggest problem I've seen is the people who so hate the map and just don't feel like learning it. On that point, we used to have people complaining about thunder being too big and confusing whenever the map came up, and now those same people enjoy that map.

As for what people are supposed to do, THAT is a point up for SO much debate anyway. Heck, I disagree with the point of WCS as you see it. Everyone has their own opinions. Many people, myself included feel that the point is to level up all the races so you can find what you enjoy, as well as to get that sense of accomplishment. Some people, such as you and Zack, find a race(s) you like and play those and ignore many races. Some people quit once they've maxed everything, some people continue playing. Some people play for themselves, some people play for the team, some people play to dick around with other people. Some people want a fair game, some want to stack the teams so they will win, and some people don't really care. Some people play to interact with other players, some come in and mute the server. Hopefully the main purpose of the server is to have fun, and as people enjoy this map, Admins included, this map would therefore NOT stop the purpose of the server.

Now for some random points. Basically, I agree that this should be removed from the regular rotation, but want to know what makes it so bad for WCS. I enjoy it being on the rotation currently, so we have more things to balance out the duplicate maps. 3 versions of office, 2 of assault, 2 of italy, 2 of inferno, 3 generic rats maps, "3" dust2, because a vote for 4thstreet is a vote for a crash, and that leads to dust2, 2 of cbble. Variety is the spice of life, and that list there does not lead to variety. Finally, at least in the past 3 months, every match that I've been in, that's gone to at least the first vote on this and Nightmare and it's other removed brothers has been a good game all around.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 10-02-2011 at 03:47 AM. Reason: more thoughts