Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How To Deal With LUA Scripting Name Changers

1. Default

ah thank you

2. Default

here's what I do when someone has a name changing script like that:

type sb_status into console. bam you've got a list of all players with steam IDs.

wait for the name changer's name to change again.

type sb_status into console again. BAM you've got another list of all players with steam IDs.

what you do now, is go thru and match each name on both lists. they should correspond exactly. find the name on one list that doesn't match the name on the other, and you've got your hacker's steam ID.

take that steam ID to sourcebans, an apply a manual ban. post a ban thread, and you're done.

viola!
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by slipstream
    When you give admin to people like wassabi, you know someones desperate for money.
    wassabi, let me introduce you to a friend of mine.

PUNCTUATION MARKS!! THEY DO MORE THAN MAKE SMILEY FACES. :P
    Go read some of wassabi's posts, he is a giant tool and has no concept of punctuation.

3. Default

had a hacker in the pub the other day with this script. He was using speed/aimbot hack and the name changing script to slow down admins on banning. His name was changing about 10 times per second which made it IMPOSSIBLE to use the methods described here.

I ended up getting him when he disconnected. I merely banned the first player on the "disconnected players list".

There has to be a better way to deal with these clowns up front.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    had a hacker in the pub the other day with this script. He was using speed/aimbot hack and the name changing script to slow down admins on banning. His name was changing about 10 times per second which made it IMPOSSIBLE to use the methods described here.

I ended up getting him when he disconnected. I merely banned the first player on the "disconnected players list".

There has to be a better way to deal with these clowns up front.
    that makes it easy.

type status in console, then type it again after a second or two.

look for the two mismatched steamID's and names.

then ban the id.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    that makes it easy.

type status in console, then type it again after a second or two.

look for the two mismatched steamID's and names.

then ban the id.
    I have found this to be the easiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

6. Default

I think I said that, Rosie. :P
    Link

When you give admin to people like wassabi, you know someones desperate for money.

Go read some of wassabi's posts, he is a giant tool and has no concept of punctuation.

7. Default

I likes Links way alot better.. easyer and way WAY faster

8. Default

actually, i think i just found the best way.

go to the sourcebans page, click on the server in the list, then expand the server so you can see the scores. refresh using the little button on the right.

look for the name shos score doesn't change often but whose name does. right-click that entry. select ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

i've tried that aco, and it ended up banning the wrong guy. lol.

maybe i just did it wrong. we'll have to try that one. i thought it would be easier, but either it didn't work or i didn't do it right.
    Link

10. Default

Just had one of these guys in the pub and it wasn't that easy to nail the guy. This is the third time I've run across one of these guys and it's frustrating to say the least. I was fortunate tonight that this guy remained in the server until it was him and one other guy on the T side. I kicked them both after running status in console a few times which allowed me to narrow down the steam ID with the changing name. Then I just banned the disconnected player.

I'll try BTS's methods next time.
    Last edited by ricochet; 12-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.