Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How To Deal With LUA Scripting Name Changers

1. Default

Ran into a problem today. LUA hack that disabled or spammed so hard it ruined "status" in the console. As much as I didn't want to, I warned the players to come right back and ran kick@all, at the point in time, it was the only way to get the hacker out of the server without banning the wrong people. I did that, ran through the "ban disconnected player" list and found him, then got the hacker that way, as I was not in the room when the player joined.

Would LOVE to know a simpler way than this since the profile pictures aren't working half of the time anymore.

Typically I run status;status in console and the list is up and I compare, problem was, it was disabled from this player's method.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your helmet is being shipped.

2. Default

Scrolling up the status window should of stopped it from auto scrolling....

There is no easier way.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

3. Default

You missed what I said, it didn't come up.
    your helmet is being shipped.

4. Default

It bugs for me at times.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

5. Default

I've found lately that status isn't working. I have to use sb_status and it comes up. I don't know why it does that.

I'm curious how you were able to narrow down to the LUA hacker on the ban disconnected player list.

6. Default

I feel the need to remind people to read this thread. I am really getting tired of having to stop my fun times on another game just to ban someone that THREE other admins can't ban.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    I feel the need to remind people to read this thread. I am really getting tired of having to stop my fun times on another game just to ban someone that THREE other admins can't ban.
    Not to flame you but thats part of being a ULA... Stepping in to lead when needed. You're a senior admin for a reason.
    I dont mean this to take responsibility off of any admins. If your admin you should be trying to learn how to be a better one all the time. I'm new at it but I am trying to learn all the time. Rosie helps me out quite a bit. Just my two cents.
    Rehab is for quitters...

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    so lemme get this straight cowboy, you have a mustache, you fly shit, ...is that a nascar tailgate? whatever...you fuck bears, you shoot guns, you ride horses, you have a big ass sombrero...and is that you on a crotch rocket? c'mon man...i saw you as more of a mustang/chopper kind of guy
    pig and beer? shit you're my new best friend.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HotFuzz View Post
    You're a senior admin for a reason.
    ULA and senior admin are 2 diff things.

senior admin is whose been on the server the longest (provided no clan are on) and can control the map votes.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HotFuzz View Post
    Not to flame you but thats part of being a ULA... Stepping in to lead when needed. You're a senior admin for a reason.
    I dont mean this to take responsibility off of any admins. If your admin you should be trying to learn how to be a better one all the time. I'm new at it but I am trying to learn all the time. Rosie helps me out quite a bit. Just my two cents.
    he's an ula for a reason, but that's not because he can catch lua hackers. it's not his job to do that when there are several other admins in-server. they should learn how, instead of running and getting him all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

ULA and senior admin are 2 diff things.

senior admin is whose been on the server the longest (provided no clan are on) and can control the map votes.

I just meant senior to reg admins...
    Rehab is for quitters...

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    so lemme get this straight cowboy, you have a mustache, you fly shit, ...is that a nascar tailgate? whatever...you fuck bears, you shoot guns, you ride horses, you have a big ass sombrero...and is that you on a crotch rocket? c'mon man...i saw you as more of a mustang/chopper kind of guy
    pig and beer? shit you're my new best friend.