Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Deal With LUA Scripting Name Changers

1. Default How To Deal With LUA Scripting Name Changers

In recent times there have been a sudden influx of LUA scripters that constantly change their name so it is difficult to get their STEAM ID. I have provided a full proof way of making sure you ban the right one.

1. Shift+Tab
    2. View Players
    3. Pick the correct profile pic
    4. Get his steam community url
    5. www.steamidfinder.com
    6. Put the steam community url into the designated area
    7. Hit the button
    8. Go to the Source Bans page and input the proper information
    9. Hit the Upload Ban Button
    10. ????
    11. PROFIT!!!

2. Default

Good write up. Easy way to find the ones with profile pictures.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    10. ????
    11. PROFIT!!!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Last edited by maynard; 09-14-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

or if your some what inteligent you can remember the name of the person that scripting
    1. make sure you have consol enabled
    2. hit the "~" key
    3. type "status" into the window
    4. look for the name that is the scriptor and than grab his steamid

Just remember the name of the scriptor at the time when you ran the command status and than you can deal with them in one of two ways either by banning them through sourcebans in the proper format, or through the command sm_ban <steamid>
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

5. Default

Also you can always go grab the demo after the fact and get the steam id there.

6. Default

Yea,but waiting for after the fact is usless and doesn't get rid of the problem. I have banned the wrong person due to this script before, pissed me off so much I banned the scripter for a week. Next one I run across I will follow blades steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

Tomorrow I will be updating the servers with new automated security systems that will auto ban/kick players for this.

8. Default

READ THIS PPL!.......

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

What if they don't have a profile picture and so do like 10 other people, so it's all just question marks. I have never seen this before, so I'm unsure if the name changes in real time on steam, or once you open view players its static. Or... maybe I have no idea what this script acts like, I'm completely mistaken about every thing I said. (Hopefully you understand what I'm say it's before noon and I have not yet had my third cup of joe.)

10. Default

Watch the player list for about 10 seconds. The new steam update refreshes that list so it will be a dead giveaway who is changing their name.