Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Counter-Strike Global Offensive

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Someone already has uploaded a leaked screen shot. Sorry to inform you Zero... that there will be hats in the Global Offensive...

That is actually cs with the hat mod.

2. Default

Oh, my mistake.

3. Default

Here is some more info:

With all the excitement about the release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it'd be easy to forget that there's still existing versions of the game being developed.

It seems that the meeting in Seattle will not just be about this new iteration of Counter-Strike but will also feature a meeting about CS:S, supposedly later today.

While it isn't clear what the content of the meeting will be it's clear that Valve will be discussing the future of CS:S with the assembled players. Whether this is to reveal that it will be phased out, handed over entirely to Hidden Path, or completely overhauled it isn't clear.

We should know later exactly what has been said and you'll be able to read the thoughts of the players here on Cadred after the meeting has taken place.
    Marek ".PhP" Kadek is one of the players in seattle. This is what he wrote on Playzone.cz :
    - this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus"
    - at the moment, the game looks more like HL2DM
    - There is no recoil and there will never be. (because of the consoles)
    - the game runs on L4D2 engine
    - SourceTV is NOT a priority
    - they are working on match making system
    - new money system
    - no kevlar (this should be fixed in the future)
    - maps are simplyfied for XBOX style, less ways, most fights are close range
    - Hidden Path (Valve only finances the game) is trying to make all weapons balanced
    Here is a link to an alpha review: http://www.eseanews.com/index.php?s=...mments&id=9969

Another new item is the decoy grenade. Decoy grenades can be thrown to emit gun sounds and "and give the illusion of there being a player." The decoy currently produces an AK/Glock noise when thrown by Terrorists and a M4/USP noise when thrown by Counter Terrorists. The pro players suggested that the decoys should instead produce gun sounds of a weapon held by your team, which was a well received suggestion, according to Torbull.

He said that, if done right, these new items have the potential to change the way traditional competitive Counter-Strike maps are played.

Other changes that Torbull mentioned were how CS: GO is experimenting with automatically equipping a random member of the Counter Terrorist team with a defuse kit at the beginning of each round in order to make the kit a special item like the Terrorist's bomb. They're also testing giving everyone armor and full Kevlar each round.

4. Default

the only thing i read was "this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus""

i am happy now
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

no recoil? da fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    the only thing i read was "this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus""

i am happy now
    ^this

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

so what, this is intended to branch CS into consoles? but not really change anything for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

8. Default

"this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus""

ya, a bonus to your pockets >.>

9. Default

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

• cross-platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and PlayStation 3, Valve has confirmed.
    • PlayStation Move and mouse and keyboard support for PlayStation 3 users.
    • trying to integrate Steamworks into the Xbox 360 version, but had struggled to convince Microsoft.
    • ranked matchmaking