Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Counter-Strike Global Offensive

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    you yourself even said sin has no interest in playing CS since D3 came out...

I'm not jelly, I just think flushing it down the toilet would have been far more productive.
    Yeah....and? I still wanted a key...and i got it..ill play it when i get bored of dying in inferno..

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

2. Default

Im in the beta, havnt played it yet.
    I have a key, but im not giving it to maynard just to troll him

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

the fuck is with people having keys and not playing! damn you all 2 hell!

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    .... SHUT UP!\

the sad part is I know it's gonna suck! but I want 2 know how bad it will suck lol.... being someone whose been playing and following this game since 1999... I can't help but be uber curious!
    Last edited by maynard; 06-05-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Honestly I played a lot of the beta so far, and at this point in time in the beta it's just not good for me to continue playing until they iron out all of the recoil issues the game was having. They were getting close around the time I stopped playing, and the game was starting to feel more like 1.6, but I just couldn't deal with my precious AK being mistreated that way.

Last I was up to speed on the game, they had gotten a few really good sources from 1.6, as well as the dude from zblock and a bunch of professional Source players on their "dev forums" to help out with the FEEL of the game.

I'm really glad though, that the devs will NOT be launching the game until it is finished and not utterly broken. They fixed the "sliding" and jumping issues the game had earlier in the beta so they have made a lot of progress... by sliding I mean, the way the game played back in the Fall, you would strafe and then stop to shoot, but you'd keep sliding a couple feet. It was terrible for shooting accurately, forget AWPing it was nigh impossible unless you stood still like a nerd.

PS: Did you fill out the survey for the beta, Maynard? Everyone I know who's filled that out has gotten a key within a couple of weeks.

Also, I wouldn't trash the game in its current state, as every few days to a week they update the shit out of it and it changes drastically. Example: there were SERIOUS fog issues on de_train (you couldn't see T's in spawn from Ivy, and inner was impossible to see anything at all), a week later after constant bitching on the forums and in-game feedback, they took the fog out almost completely. So come back to the game every couple of weeks and see how different it is. That's what I try to do.

EDIT: And I have no interest in playing CS:S, it's gotten stale for me lately. GO is a different storyyyy!
    Last edited by Sin; 06-05-2012 at 07:47 AM.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

5. Default

That sliding sound like its pulled right from 1.6 the way you describe it. one reason I dont care for 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

1.6 never had "sliding" issues in it?

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    PS: Did you fill out the survey for the beta, Maynard? Everyone I know who's filled that out has gotten a key within a couple of weeks.

Also, I wouldn't trash the game in its current state, as every few days to a week they update the shit out of it and it changes drastically. Example: there were SERIOUS fog issues on de_train (you couldn't see T's in spawn from Ivy, and inner was impossible to see anything at all), a week later after constant bitching on the forums and in-game feedback, they took the fog out almost completely. So come back to the game every couple of weeks and see how different it is. That's what I try to do.

EDIT: And I have no interest in playing CS:S, it's gotten stale for me lately. GO is a different storyyyy!
    I honestly don't remember if I did the survey or not... seems like I would, as I try and get into any beta I can 2 get a feel for a game before launch so I know if I want 2 drop money on it or not. can you apply for it still?

also, maybe the game wont totally blow... but when I said I figure it's going 2 suck, that's just in the sense of comparing it 2 CSS.

I just don't see GO popping off like 1.6 and CSS did. I mainly want 2 try the game out and see how they set up the recoil, cause I hear people bitch about the recoil more than anything.

Maynard - The WCS Guy