Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My zombie mod rant and departure

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    Does this go for JOJO as well!?! The other night she was mic spamming and using vulgar language about other players but you only warned and muted those who said somthing to Jojo... it took Cujo getting on to finally mute her for her abuse... If you want to be fair thats GREAT but lets be fair to Everyone...
    Most of the time Jojo get's angry at people for singling her out, whether the creepy folk making comments on her voice, hitting on her, or following her around. I've tried to calm her down sometimes but it's hopeless. As I said in Nato's thread, she's getting muted permanently whenever I'm on.

2. Default

Thank you Mallissin... I have no personal beef with you in fact I think you are one of the Good admins on ... I know you were sticking up for her cause people tend to talk crap because of her reputation... but sometimes it goes to far in the other direction. She knows the rules... and I believe you when you say you will mute her in the future(for mic spamming). I look forward to seeing you in game in the future!

same post in other forum

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    Does this go for JOJO as well!?! The other night she was mic spamming and using vulgar language about other players but you only warned and muted those who said somthing to Jojo... it took Cujo getting on to finally mute her for her abuse... If you want to be fair thats GREAT but lets be fair to Everyone...

Otherwise Mallissin I agree 100%
    On a general note about this topic, don't ask Cujo how many times I've told him I'm never playing ZM again because of all the little fuckheads and kids that are online. Theoretically, the census of shitheads should have decreased with the re-opening of school, sadly it seems to be the opposite.

The other thing that happens with mic spam, that I've noticed, is when I'm on the opposite team from the spammer. If I'm human and from what I've noticed, Jojo seems to most often start her myriad of rants, bitches, raves and overall screaming when she gets turned into a zombie. I notice it when over all-speak people already zombified start bitching about her mic spam. This doesn't just apply to Jojo, it applies to all users.

Zero, is there a way for admins to hear everything said over the mic? On ZM, its not a huge priority of tactics, sometimes it's close, but that's one of the biggest ways to find a mic spammer.

4. Default howdy chillrun(again)/good we are getting back to rules

I'm not leaving (never crossed my mind) and I don't see why you would but I am going to make damn sure people don't ruin this hip shit anymore that is ibis-not to say we should be violent or overeager to punish but dammits lets put some asshats in their place

5. Default

Ok I will work on making a new rule against voting during mid round. Also I will try to see if a vote function can be put into the next admin mod. That will automatically detect the best time to start the vote even if the admin makes it.

As for cade breakers ect, and spammers. If anyone posts a demo of them in the forums and it shows that and admin was on and ignored it the the player can be banned for up to a week based off of your demo. This way cade breakers and mic spammers will be lessened. In addition the next system will be able to track users punishment history and allow for easy detection of constant rule breakers so they can just be perma banned.

6. Default

REMEMBER non-admins CAN ACT! If you provide evidence of someone breaking rules on the forums they will be punished. Also it creates a record of them and thus future punishments will grow harsher.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    As for cade breakers ect, and spammers. If anyone posts a demo of them in the forums and it shows that and admin was on and ignored it the the player can be banned for up to a week based off of your demo. This way cade breakers and mic spammers will be lessened. In addition the next system will be able to track users punishment history and allow for easy detection of constant rule breakers so they can just be perma banned.
    This is the real steak and potatoes of the problems in my eyes.

Zero, I say if they can record a demo of the cade breaking or spamming occurring and tell us, I'd be more than willing to hand out the punishments.

8. Default

I think i am going to come back to Zombie Mod server, seems like it does need some work, and if i get abuse reports like zero said, follow the guide lines and your fine. I am going to try and solve some of these problems, i am going to start logging every action i take and when people get repedative i am going to submit what i have to zero and he can decide what to do, ie up the ban(s) to perm, or month long, or something similar.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eth View Post
    I could watch a player walk directly up to my barricade and blast it down. I would say something in all-chat about it a few times and what happens? Nothing. This is no-biggie, but when it happens multiple times a day every week? It starts to piss me off.
    Okay, I seem to have missed this one. I see you a fair amount of times, but I've never seen you say in chat that someone broke your cade, and I remember I didn't because they would be punished. Any regular, in fact fuck it, PLAYER, who had their cade broken and announced it had the offender punished.

These days if someone did something stupid, all they would get is a slap on the wrist, maybe a freeze or burn, nothing more.
    As it was said before, that's really not appropriate, although, I'm starting to lean a lot to this approach. Formerly I did freeze and burn for the first offense (light one), but I don't think that it's going to be that way much longer, people have to read the rules, and if they don't, be sure to be able to catch the banhammer before it hits them over the head.

As for the votes, do you refer to map votes? I always do a "Do you like the map" vote before putting up a map vote (except if the map is already ending, then I do a change-map-end-of-map-type map vote), and if the majority likes it, I'll play the map even if it's a pile of crap.

Someone else, I don't remember who, in another thread said that admins on ZM ban without evidence and shit. I'd like to point out that I either never ban or never get evidence, it's really that simple. You cannot go into spec and look for cade breakers and zteleers because it's fairly possible that you're going to miss them, but usually regulars say the truth.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nato View Post
    I think i am going to come back to Zombie Mod server, seems like it does need some work, and if i get abuse reports like zero said, follow the guide lines and your fine. I am going to try and solve some of these problems, i am going to start logging every action i take and when people get repedative i am going to submit what i have to zero and he can decide what to do, ie up the ban(s) to perm, or month long, or something similar.
    Best way to deal with idiots who make up BS abuse reports is to demo
    yourself taking action against them.