Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Access and use Steam Chat (and other IM services) from almost anywhere!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Disflux View Post
    It's incredible how quickly you have dissolved any form of respect (which was slim to none as it was) that people had for you prior to that post. You honestly create a clan app, blowing up your own ego, and then go and be a dick towards well-respected members of this community?

Let up on the ego brah, because honestly nobody here is going to give 2-shits about a no-name like you unless you start respecting people.

It's odd though, you write INCREDIBLY similar to slipstream.
    If validly defending myself and content causes me to lose respect with some then there's a problem with their definition of respect. You give respect to get respect and if not, you don't initially disrespect someone because you don't know them. You haven't technically disrespected me so I don't disrespect you. Same goes for scribble and anyone other than acolyte. Acolyte on the other hand likes to non-constructively criticize and make it obvious that he's being sarcastic, which is already obvious. If he had a concern he could have just asked because I'm more than willing to explain as much as I can.

And the clan app thing was me having fun. It was misinterpreted, I get that. That was my fault since no one personally knows me or my personality so I can see that it would sound like I'm "blowing up my ego". Being a well-respected member of a community doesn't make it ok to be a dick to others, especially new people who they don't know well enough and who are willing and trying to be participants of that community.

I'll respect people that haven't given me a reason to do otherwise.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    When would valve have allowed this? I have not seen an official topic about this only requests for exactly this which have gone unanswered by valve for years.
    They haven't directly mentioned imo.im but that's normal for a non-official service that offers an integrated experience like IMO does. For example, RIM doesn't mention every BlackBerry app that gets put on their App World store same as Android doesn't mention the apps that offer a similar experience with access to Steam content.

I guess it's up to you whether you'd be willing to entrust your accounts with IMO's encryption. There's always going to be a risk as scribble pointed out with Facebook and I pointed out with the PSN getting hacked. I guess it comes down to the pros/cons of using such a service but I love it.

Since I've contacted IMO as press I can ask how they tap into Steam's network if you'd like...?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disflux View Post
    It's odd though, you write INCREDIBLY similar to slipstream.
    That made me lol after I looked him up and saw his posts. I can see that but I assure you, I'm me. about.me/techncode
    Last edited by emTr0; 10-24-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    ėM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

2. Default

ive used IMO for a while now 2 get on steam from my BB

https://imo.im/blackberry

it is legit.
    Last edited by maynard; 10-24-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

WELL I THINK ITS A PRETTY COOL IDEA (after ignoring the first few pages of trolling bullcrap) until w.e it is that ur advirtising here blows up any of my shit, i dont see why youre not an oh kay guy

WELCOME TO IBIS!!!
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: google chrome ;z
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: iv only heard bad stuff about it
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: its just my default for opening links
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: i use opera
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: u use a black woman?
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: opera is a search engine you noob
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: o ..... XD

†Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: ..
    †Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: excuse me while i go eat an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I don't speak retard... try again some other time.
    aNex <ibis>: Oi, cunt
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: haii
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: um... cock
    aNex <ibis>: HA!
    aNex <ibis>: You have no cum back
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: IF I WANTED MY CUMBACK ID HAVE WHIPED IT OFF UR MOMS CHIN
    aNex <ibis>: OH SNAP
    aNex <ibis>: I've never heard that before
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: EXACTLY U SAY NOTHING
    aNex <ibis>: You have legitmatley made my day
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: xD

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    U know I'm always right. and deep down everyone knows it although admitting it is the second thing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pl@YwithM3 View Post
    WELL I THINK ITS A PRETTY COOL IDEA (after ignoring the first few pages of trolling bullcrap) until w.e it is that ur advirtising here blows up any of my shit, i dont see why youre not an oh kay guy

WELCOME TO IBIS!!!
    Thanks!

No one complained to me about the app yet so if you find bug, let me know and I'll let the IMO team know. It doesn't have ads btw.
    ėM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

5. Default

gotta love BB

Maynard - The WCS Guy

i've used imo.im for years since it came out i think in '08, originally on my BB then i switched to android. i wasnt aware that they integrated steam into this but im amazed since valve hasnt released their API...

if you could ask the devs how they did this im very curious.

thanks

edit: also for some reason i don't see an option for steam under the accounts login screen on my android. i guess this is just a BB thing?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    i've used imo.im for years since it came out i think in '08, originally on my BB then i switched to android. i wasnt aware that they integrated steam into this but im amazed since valve hasnt released their API...

if you could ask the devs how they did this im very curious.

thanks

edit: also for some reason i don't see an option for steam under the accounts login screen on my android. i guess this is just a BB thing?
    I'll definitely ask them.

That's odd about the Android version not showing it. Are you sure you have the latest version?
    ėM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

8. Default

The only use I would have for this particular chat service is if it lets me get steam chat on my android phone, which this program does not allow me to do.

Despite your claim to the contrary, this does not allow steam chat to be used on android-powered mobile devices.

I tried it. Didn't work.

and as Zero said, this is an issue that Valve has been inquired of, and remains silent.

nothing personal, it just doesn't work as you said it does (with regards to steam chat, specifically on android).
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by slipstream
    When you give admin to people like wassabi, you know someones desperate for money.
    wassabi, let me introduce you to a friend of mine.

PUNCTUATION MARKS!! THEY DO MORE THAN MAKE SMILEY FACES. :P
    Go read some of wassabi's posts, he is a giant tool and has no concept of punctuation.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    The only use I would have for this particular chat service is if it lets me get steam chat on my android phone, which this program does not allow me to do.

Despite your claim to the contrary, this does not allow steam chat to be used on android-powered mobile devices.

I tried it. Didn't work.

and as Zero said, this is an issue that Valve has been inquired of, and remains silent.

nothing personal, it just doesn't work as you said it does (with regards to steam chat, specifically on android).
    Well I've only used the BlackBerry version which does have Steam. Since the other platforms seemingly get more attention, I figured they had it before the BlackBerry version did. I'm surprised. I'll find out why this is.

I've also already sent an email about how they tap into the networks. I know they have their own encryption services.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I just checked the features for each device and the BlackBerry version is the only one to offer Steam chat. The only reason I can think of for this is that BlackBerry devices have their own encryption which offers a double layer of security when coupled with IMO's encryption. Of course, this doesn't help the versions for the other platforms since Android and iPhone are weak with their level of security, but the single layer of security should be enough.

I'll wait for their reply about the Steam chat integration and then ask about Steam chat for the other platforms, and when/if it will be made available.

As a BlackBerry blogger and fan, though...
    ėM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

10. Default

I know the question about Steam was for Android but it looks like they've added it to the iPhone version.

https://imo.im/iphone

If you're using it through a web browser you'll always have access to Steam chat if not through a dedicated mobile app.
    ėM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/