Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Future servers

1. Default

Any updates on this?
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

2. Default

Before getting a new server could the pub be revived? No offence, but the pub server has been almost empty and I think that by now more people know of IBIS because of gungame and zombie! An embarrassing and humiliating situation to a person like me who loves the game and has grown with it (anyone remembers CS 1 beta 3?) Amidst such a terrifying degradation a new server is the last thing IBIS needs.

My 2 cents.

PS. Well, on a more constructive side, a gungame server that is not turbo is a rarity to see nowadays. Alas, gungame was excellent initially, with a lot of potential. There used to be office, dust2, aztec, etc. gungame servers! But the majority of players lack skill and are impatient, so when the turbo option was introduced things changed. (After all, why would anybody play when they know they cannot win, unless to wait for an opportunity to win? This is the biggest drawback of gungame and the main reason why I cannot wholeheartedly recommend a real gungame server) Gungame turbo is repulsive to me, which makes the fact that IBIS' gungame turbo server is prospering all the more painful. Oh well, perhaps quitting CS is an option to whiney bitches like me.

3. Default

I upgraded my memory, video card, bought the max amount of bandwidth allowed, yet I still lag in the pub so I can't say its on my end. Im sick of losing rank when noobs kill me cause I can't hit a fucking hs anymore even if I aim ahead. I pay more for my speed, and no it shouldn't be a level playing field for those that don't. valve slows me down so a fuckin 150 ping player has a chance... fuck that im sick of it.

4. Default

In some places having more speed actually increases lag because of the changes in the network they put you on to get those speeds. Also note that if you have wireless lan that could be the biggest cause of your lag.

5. Default

I agree, the pub always feels choppy. When I join another server I need at least 10 minutes to get used to how accurately and fluidly the game is producing the shots. On the pub my "in" packets drop to 40 during battle, and I am running a core2 with an 8800 so low fps on my end is not really a plausible explanation. It is not the location either, as I have played on other servers that are in New York and they were as smooth as possible.

6. Default

im at my father's house for the holidays and we got 6 computers their...3 labtops and 3 desktops. I have been lagging my ass off in every ibis server, since their is alot of cpus, downloads and bandwith interference ive been lagging my ass off, the servers are 66 tic though, right?

and a deathmatch server would be AWESOME so then i can be number 2 in all4 servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

7. Default

The server is 100tic but that is not to say that it actually sends you a 100 packets per second. As I said, during gunfights the packets drop in the forties, at least for me.

8. Default

I get 101/s on my end, what is your rate settings?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by iceofworm View Post
    surf/climb/ wc3 mod

Im up for the Surf and WC3 one. I love wc3