Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Future servers

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mkII View Post
    1. Surf - I love surf maps but I don't think it would be too popular. I remember so many full surf servers years back, now they are gone or empty.
    intox and NY Surf has been around for decades and they're always full. Same for waspnest until they went offline. (They had a zombie server as well but it was empty all the time, pretty much the point - a zombie server can be empty as well)

2. Default

Point, one thing people do look for is name because they want to play on a server that will still be there in the future. This is one of the reasons we are very careful with new servers. Once we launch we plan to keep the server as long as possible to ensure that regulars do not need to find a new place. For mods, servers tend to pop up and die pretty quickly; this is mainly because without a strong community base it is hard to keep the cash flows needed to pay for the servers coming. I think that we could do almost any mod and have a relatively successful server. My main worry is admin turn around as new servers will need admins that play on them and thus people willing to pay for admin on that type of server.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baliame View Post
    intox and NY Surf has been around for decades and they're always full. Same for waspnest until they went offline. (They had a zombie server as well but it was empty all the time, pretty much the point - a zombie server can be empty as well)
    I used to play NYS a while back and it was always full. Now every time I check it out in my servers list there are maybe, 10 players max. Intox though, usually has many players. Besides these two though, I don't think any other surf servers enjoy success like those two servers have.

I agree with Zero on his point. Whatever server is created will probably be popular since ibis is such an established community. I think a rats server would be great. But then again, when you break it all down, rats is simply a pub with cool maps.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mkII View Post
    I used to play NYS a while back and it was always full. Now every time I check it out in my servers list there are maybe, 10 players max. Intox though, usually has many players. Besides these two though, I don't think any other surf servers enjoy success like those two servers have.

I agree with Zero on his point. Whatever server is created will probably be popular since ibis is such an established community. I think a rats server would be great. But then again, when you break it all down, rats is simply a pub with cool maps.
    I always wondered why we dont have any rats maps in the pub.

5. Default

I would definitely not pay for surf.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically at the end of this year we will once again try to add some new servers. Currently we have some deathmatch servers in the works but what other kinds of servers are you interested in.

I just want to see what kind of servers everyone likes paying on that IBIS does not currently offer.
    A Surfing mod =D

7. Default

I hope pub upgrade is considered before any surf shit crap worthless servers.

8. Default

add a surfing server please!

<3 Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

9. Default

well if you all leave the zm to go surfing im for it. I never get to enjoy zm...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deprodigy View Post
    well if you all leave the zm to go surfing im for it. I never get to enjoy zm...
    lol.

Ya. I know how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.