Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dota2

1. Default Dota2

Anyone in the beta yet? Is it measurable to the original? I'm tired of League of Legends and I don't have much time to delve into relearning half the Heroes in HoN.

I need this game to be exactly like the original in gameplay, hero mechanics, and items so that I can just jump in.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

2. Default

I tell you what, I went from DotA, to HoN during the beta, to LoL, and then back to HoN when it went free to play. If I have to re-learn heroes, item build, and overall strategies one more time I'm going to give up on the whole thing altogether.

Keep it simple, keep it stupid, as far as mechanics go. Focus on teamwork.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

3. Default

When it comes to keeping it simple and stupid, LoL, takes the prize. I don't see Dota2 being quite difficult to learn since they're taking pretty much everything from the original Dota which I played for years like a nergin.

4. Default

Never played either but it looks interesting. Thoughts on this game compared to others like WoW, LoL, etc?
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

5. Default

This is nothing like WoW.

From the videos/matches I've seen it looks like it's holding true to the old heroes/abilities/item builds of the original. Pretty similar to HoN, as well, but I like the art style better.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    +1

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    +1
    Nothing like WoW meaning it's better...or isn't?
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by emTr0 View Post
    Nothing like WoW meaning it's better...or isn't?
    well, better than wow isn't all that tough to achieve. BSGO was bettter than wow. fuck runescape was sometimes better than wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    well, better than wow isn't all that tough to achieve. BSGO was bettter than wow. fuck runescape was sometimes better than wow.
    I just might check out Dota2 then.
    Last edited by emTr0; 11-22-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: mixed threads up
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

10. Default

It's nothing like WoW as in they're two completely different genres.

It's like comparing CS:S to Starcraft2.

DOTA is DOTA. Defense of the Ancients, IIRC, is a mod to, Warcraft3, an RTS. I believe the genre is now called "ACTION RTS" or some stupid shit. They have to give a label to every game so I guess they decided to make that one up.

Yeah LoL may have MMO elements with the "Summoner" and "Mastery" features, but it isn't a traditional MMORPG, like WoW is.

Hope I clarified enough!