Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yearly Gun Game psychostats reset?

1. Arrow Yearly Gun Game psychostats reset?

For those of you that noticed gg has not been updating any more and I temp disabled the stats display in the forums. The reason for this is that the database for GG has grown too large due to poor programming of the old PS version. I have been trying to get an updated version of ps made to fix this issue but now the load that this database places on the server causes it to lag up on a regular basis.

Currently the stats on the GG database go back for 4 years! That is right you can find every player that has been in there for 4 years and their stats. I actually think this is pretty cool which is why I want to keep it. So that also means that if we do replace this I will keep it up at an address like /gg_stats2007-2011.

Here is what I propose to do:
    1. Copy the current gg stats you all have at a new address so we all have it for player records.
    2. Reset the stats on the current gg stats
    3. Start the current stats at Jan2011 and then reset them every year on that date until we get a solution.
    4. All yearly databases will be accessible @ /gg_stats2011 /gg_stats2012 ect.

I think this solution is cool for one big reason that it does sort of allow of an annual winner and top 10 of gg.

So what do you all think? If we ever get a new version of ps that supports gg I can still go and re import all the stats together.

2. Default

+1

3. Default

So fresh and so clean clean, how about zmod next after the spawn fix.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

4. Default

Sounds great.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

5. Default

I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't reset wins in game. I worked hard for #4 and intend to keep climbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your helmet is being shipped.

6. Default

It will not effect the !rank settings.

7. Default

Then I'm sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your helmet is being shipped.

8. Default

But I like having an 47% rate of headshots

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    But I like having an 47% rate of headshots
    very nice

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

I heartily agree with Steamer. ZMOD needs a massive reset. People are coming back to play for like 5 minutes so they can just keep their rank on the stats.

GG could use some stats cleaning. I say clean it up.