Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf?!

1. Default Wtf?!

http://nvonews.com/2011/12/06/the-na...tack-from-all/

The National Defense Authorization Act has a new provision, this will give armed forces overriding freedom to detain anyone on charges of terrorism and keep him in detention indefinitely without taking him or her to a civil court. Really... Am I the only one pissed about this? We all know it happens already, but on this kind of level and scale? WTF.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

i'm reading the bill, and there's no new provision...

at all.

you do realize wired was the place that all this 'killing americans' bullshit started, right? they're trolling the fuck out of everyone retarded enough to not read the bill itself.

and, the most recent provision/ammendment actually LIMITS the military's power to do so...
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

i was going to post about this when i got home from work but i see you beat me to it.

Here is the issue with that article... they author makes it out to sound like every soilder will just be givin free reign to start arresting who ever the fuck they want when in reality there are rules and regulations every soldier lives by. That article is actually more anti american then i can even stomach because its trying to scare the public into not trusting there soldiers whom they have so gratefully supported threw thick an thin. In the event that this bill is passed im sure and more then positive that there will be restrictions as to who in the military does the arresting and what specific boundary's there would be regarding a possible arrest. In any case the people who would inevitably be arrested by the military would be taken in on either proven or suspicion to terrorist activity or sympathizing. to clearify, they would be arrested as an enemy of the united states of america, regardless if they are a citizen or not. They would not have the right to a civil trial because they arnt being arrested as a civilian, they are being arrested as a enemy in war, Law of war covers the treatment of these detained individuals. Read up on the law of war and you might think differently about this smart precautionary measure to protect our boarders from possible attack.

If your lazy and dont want to read about the LoW then here is a scenario. You are just finishing up in a fire fight and notice your best Battle wounded, shot in the calf. Right net to him is a terrorist who has been shot in the chest. LoW states that you must treat the most injured soldier first, regardless of which side there on. so at the end of the day, though the possible detained might not get a "fair trial" there treated just as fair if not better as a Prisoner of war.
    Personal reform

4. Default

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...SB3AK:e548990:

"(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

Phew... good. Still have a right to trial as a citizen instead of being straight locked away. Provision acceptable.

Side note, I can read. The provision for citizens was not there when I last looked at the act.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

5. Default

like i said, the last ammendment they added limited the powers of detainment for the military.

ffs, people are just being retards about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ffs, people are just being retards about this.
    They probably haven't seen the edited provision yet.

at the end of the day, what is there to even fucking worry about if your an honest hard working citizen?
    Personal reform

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    at the end of the day, what is there to even fucking worry about if your an honest hard working citizen?
    There's the fear of ending up like the honest, hard working citizens who were detained without charge, or flown to countries where regard for human rights is low, and tortured. Fear based on precedent seems fairly rational.

It's nice to know, though, that I live in a country where I can be detained indefinitely without the protections that supposedly make it great.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

9. Default

Aww shit, a resident (green card holder) like me is fucked then. Welp, better start that application for citizenship.

10. Default

Yep, let's give government more power, sounds good to me.

Tastes like your moms kisses.