Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sopa

1. Default Sopa

Another reason to hate the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

2. Default

gtfo you forgin mother fucker.

3. Default

Watch the video you dumbass. Your government might not let you watch youtube for much longer. Watch it while you can. This affects you, so watch it before you comment. And it is a 20min video, so it's not likely you watched it before commenting. You don't even know what it's about. Good fucking job, show your ignorance a bit more. You part of the government?

Who knows, they might even block you from playing counter strike if this nonsense continues.

*EDIT*
    forgin
    LMAO, and you call me foreign, you can't even spell and you're american, oh wait, that could be why
    Last edited by CrazyHorse; 12-19-2011 at 04:41 AM.

4. Default

i hate people like you. but i guess that you are like the other county's if you ante us you hate us or wana be like us. XD

5. Default

People like me? That is a pretty generalized statement. No country wants to be like the usa, or is jealous of it, but a lot do hate it. And since the usa has a lot of control over the internet, a lot of servers are in the usa, blocking content like communist china does will only make more countries hate the usa even more. You should be outraged at your government for taking this step towards censorship.

6. Default

im pretty sure that the reason why we have so many severs is b/c were awesome XD and you dont know how our gov. works or you would know this bill is a fail.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Another reason to hate the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM
    The problem with people like your self is that you rely on information from one source of radical media. The chances of this bill even remotely coming close to being passed is slim to non and it would not effect you tube or are ability to use it. I the bill it specifically states that it would exist only to regulate non US sites and that it would not touch .com, .net, .org. I mean i usally get all angry about a topic after watching one video from a democratic extremist, but then i take an arrow to my knee and do alot more research.
    Personal reform

8. Default

holly hell this must be a Christmas miracle i am gana agree with mikey says completely there. i know im shocked also but the fact is that if you know anything is that this bill tryed going threw once they put in new things and are trying again

9. Default

If the usa feels the need to block popular sites like megaupload and youtube to prevent piracy in the united states, believe me they will do it. The american government has done a lot of stupid things in the past, and even talking about a bill like this just goes to show you that they are still thinking up new stupid ways to make themselves look like an ass.

One source of "radical" information is all that is needed on this topic btw. He never says that this will happen, he says that they are considering it. And it is hardly radical when it is true.

im pretty sure that the reason why we have so many severs is b/c were awesome XD and you dont know how our gov. works or you would know this bill is a fail.
    What is wrong with these sentences (other than grammar and spelling)?

1) being awesome does not grant a country servers, the usa thrives on media and would be one of the reasons for so many servers, there are a lot of other valid reasons as well, yours not being one of them

2) im canadian, i know full well how your government works, why, because we learn about that stuff here in this great country I call home. how much of the canadian government do you americans learn about? so you are ignorant of our government and you are also ignorant of the fact that we learn a lot about the usa in school.

3) it is true that the bill is fail, but your government is the one that came up with the idea, so guess what, that makes your government full of fail

Don't hate the messenger, it is your government that came up with this crazy idea of a bill. If it passes, you're no better than china. The fact that they are trying this again doesn't help with the situation either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), also known as H.R.3261, is a bill that was introduced in the United States House of Representatives on October 26, 2011, by Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX) and a bipartisan group of 12 initial co-sponsors. The bill expands the ability of U.S. law enforcement and copyright holders to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods.[2] Now before the House Judiciary Committee, it builds on the similar PRO-IP Act of 2008 and the corresponding Senate bill, the Protect IP Act.[3]

The bill would allow the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as copyright holders, to seek court orders against websites accused of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement. Depending on who requests the court orders, the actions could include barring online advertising networks and payment facilitators such as PayPal from doing business with the infringing website, barring search engines from linking to such sites, and requiring Internet service providers to block access to such sites. The bill would make unauthorized streaming of copyrighted content a felony. The bill also gives immunity to Internet services that voluntarily take action against websites dedicated to infringement, while making liable for damages any copyright holder who knowingly misrepresents that a website is dedicated to infringement.[4]

Proponents of the bill say it protects the intellectual property market and corresponding industry, jobs and revenue, and is necessary to bolster enforcement of copyright laws especially against foreign websites.[5] Opponents say it infringes on First Amendment rights, is Internet censorship,[6] that it will cripple the Internet,[7] and will threaten whistle-blowing and other free speech.[8]

The House Judiciary Committee held hearings on SOPA on November 16 and December 15, 2011. A vote is presently scheduled for Wednesday, December 21.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by CrazyHorse; 12-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.

10. Default

Fuck this bill, it angers me, but I really see no chance in hell of it being passed... Congress can't even pass a 12 month payroll tax cut extension atm...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones