Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need PC help so I can play with you fools again!

1. Default

Odd... Should be able to boot from cdrom if bios is posting and your ram is working....

What happens when you actually go to boot from the CD? Black screen thing again? Make sure the disk is actually bootable, also, try USB stick boot.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Odd... Should be able to boot from cdrom if bios is posting and your ram is working....

What happens when you actually go to boot from the CD? Black screen thing again? Make sure the disk is actually bootable, also, try USB stick boot.
    yup, black screen with blinking cursor. And I have booted from this disk before to reformat my pc. I'll try USB stick boot, last time I tried that I couldn't get it to work correctly tho, I used cdrom instead.

3. Default

a wild poker appears

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

take the hard drive out, connect it to another computer, and check if you can either boot/access it
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    take the hard drive out, connect it to another computer, and check if you can either boot/access it
    alrighty. I fell asleep at my computer "mono" and I was sweating balls. fml I just want to game! Why so much effort when I be sick

6. Default

He may need to reset the cmos jumper.

7. Default

I've never said hey to you before Poker, but if you still live in Boone, I can probally find you some kind of rig, or get your comp fixed free. I start App in the Summer, and I know you use to go there. If you do hit me up on Steam. Other than that I am always asking someone to troubleshoot, so I got nothing on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    He may need to reset the cmos jumper.
    Old school pull out batter fix... lol. Newer mobo's usually have dual bios rom that is not volatile and will try and copy itself over leaving some nasty problems when a battery dies. ALSO, try and boot from CDROM without the HD plugged in, my bios actually copies itself to my HDD also in event of a catastrophe. HDD BIOS backups are a PITA to deal with though and have a high failure rate... Much easier to reflash.

Would you happen to have a Gigabyte mobo? Gigabyte has some well documented "black magic" bugs of not wanting to boot from a cdrom drive when bios gets corrupted... which in turn forces you to boot/recover from a usb drive with bios bin in root or sata cd drive with bios bin in root...

^DO THIS BOOT PROCEDURE BEFORE CLEARING CMOS! Gigabyte (idk about others) foolishly copies a backup in CMOS/HDD (dual chipped on newer models [bout time]) to use Q-Flash with. The issue sounds like more of a bin corruption than settings. Try and reflash with a CMOS backup before clearing it all-together.

*** Not responsible for your failed flash***
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Old school pull out batter fix... lol. Newer mobo's usually have dual bios rom that is not volatile and will try and copy itself over leaving some nasty problems when a battery dies. ALSO, try and boot from CDROM without the HD plugged in, my bios actually copies itself to my HDD also in event of a catastrophe. HDD BIOS backups are a PITA to deal with though and have a high failure rate... Much easier to reflash.
    I don't understand what you mean here, whats much easier to flash, the hard drive or reflashing in general?
    Would you happen to have a Gigabyte mobo? Gigabyte has some well documented "black magic" bugs of not wanting to boot from a cdrom drive when bios gets corrupted... which in turn forces you to boot/recover from a usb drive with bios bin in root or sata cd drive with bios bin in root...

^DO THIS BOOT PROCEDURE BEFORE CLEARING CMOS! Gigabyte (idk about others) foolishly copies a backup in CMOS/HDD (dual chipped on newer models [bout time]) to use Q-Flash with. The issue sounds like more of a bin corruption than settings. Try and reflash with a CMOS backup before clearing it all-together.

*** Not responsible for your failed flash***

I have a gigabyte mobo with dual bios, it says it right on the mobo. um that kind of went over my head what you said, mostly bc I just woke up and I can't think straight after the drugs I just took. I need to re-read this a few times lol

can you help me boot from a usb drive? what all do I need to do? I have windows 7...what happens with a failed flash?

whats so wrong with clearing cmos?

10. Default

CMOS can hold a backup of your bios. Clearing it will destroy that backup. Take a usb stick, put bios bin in the main drive, no folder. Go to gigabytes website, find your mobo and dl the bios bin. They will also have all the info you need to learn how to use Q-Flash / w/e else and reflash your bios. Last time I updated I used the the bios tool from their site and new bin. Booted straight off the usb stick by pressing F8 @ bios to manually choose boot, loaded the flash app, picked bin, let it roll.