Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [ Add ] Fy_iceworld

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HypeRNT View Post
    2: speeds up lvling? isnt that the point? im pretty sure every1 wants to lvl up their races as quick as possible and not as slow?
    wow. you really don't understand anything do you?

the point is that we don't want people to level up insanely fast. if you get levels here, its cause you earn them. yes, everyone does want to level up quickly. oh fucking well. no maps are put in that allow for accelerated leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

We want to play the game while leveling up our races, not play the game TO level up our races. Basically, we want our rotation to be a pub, just with super powers.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    We want to play the game while leveling up our races, not play the game TO level up our races. Basically, we want our rotation to be a pub, just with super powers.
    well said

*golf clap*

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    like i've always said, it's pub with a point.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    wow. you really don't understand anything do you?

the point is that we don't want people to level up insanely fast. if you get levels here, its cause you earn them. yes, everyone does want to level up quickly. oh fucking well. no maps are put in that allow for accelerated leveling.
    Ur right, lets pretend planting the bomb in 5 seconds on Dolls and raping every1 from spwn is alright, or playing westwood when you can jump from spwn to spwn is considered a big map? I guess i really dont understand anything, i see posts saying we want to earn our lvl's? how exactly is playing Iceworld would make it any different then from playing any other map?

You make it seem like everyone in the server lvl's up from doing their objective. When the truth is you get kills and thats the only reason maps like westwood and dolls gets picked because of them being faster pace and therefore being more fun. Im guessing you havent played many WCS games prior to this server? ive been playing them for ever and ive always seen maps like aim_ak_colt and fy_iceworld, and it wasnt that easy to get kills on the maps like that when everyone gets a fair chance to kill someone else.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HypeRNT View Post
    You make it seem like everyone in the server lvl's up from doing their objective. When the truth is you get kills and thats the only reason maps like westwood and dolls gets picked because of them being faster pace and therefore being more fun. Im guessing you havent played many WCS games prior to this server? ive been playing them for ever and ive always seen maps like aim_ak_colt and fy_iceworld, and it wasnt that easy to get kills on the maps like that when everyone gets a fair chance to kill someone else.
    i'm going to make my own guess about you. you haven't played ibis wcs before, have you? i mean before valve fucked everything up with that massive update. i mean back on the old server. no, you're probably new to the place, just having started on the new server.

let me tell you why maps like westwood get picked. because they're fun. not because they're faster paced, but because they're balanced. sure, you might be able to jump to the other spawn on westwood if you're good, but what happens if there's a shadow hunter waiting? or what happens on dolls, when you jump to the bomb sight, and the other team has someone covering it? the fact remains that there are certain requirements for a map to be on the wcs server. they must not give free guns, they must have an objective, and they must not encourage incredibly short rounds. some maps will have shorter rounds, and others won't. we're trying to make sure that leveling is not accelerated in any way. this is why admins cannot give people money. this is why we do not allow maps that give free guns. because every point of experience given on the server is earned through either kills, or playing. it's a choice to either buy tomes, or buy guns. knowing a round might last quite some time, or be over quickly, you must make a decision to get either a gun, or some more xp. in rounds that encourage super short rounds, they turn into nothing more than tome-fests, as rounds start fast enough that people can just load up on xp.

tl;dr no.

7. Default

Why do people pick dolls? I'd be leaning towards people liking to snipe. But, for the fast rounds? Unless the CTs are letting the Ts plant, I doubt it. Yes, Ts can get to the bomb site in a flash, but CTs can be covering it just as fast, with the same races, as aco said. And given, as often as not, the bomber doesn't give the bomb to an "insta-plant" race, you sometimes have to have someone actually run it there. As for meeting the enemies quickly, with our speed races, almost every map has the ability to be fast. Most maps you can be in the enemy spawn within a few seconds. Granted, some maps take slightly longer than others, and some are just too big to do it, but for the most part, the extra second or two (over Westwood) is negligible.

Westwood is not a small map, even if it's not a large map. You may have the ability to get from spawn to spawn quickly, but the buildings add size, and with WCS, depth to the map.

"how exactly is playing Iceworld would make it any different then from playing any other map?"

Because it's forced deathmatch instead of the ability to do an objective. Without the ability to do objectives, who is in the wrong for delaying rounds, should something stupid happen? Objectives give one side the ability to end the round should they be unable to find the opponent for some reason.

If you're finding that we are making it seem like most people get their levels from objectives, either you're reading something incorrectly, or we're presenting something incorrectly. The two main ways are tomes and kills. Everyone should be able to agree on that. But, nine times out of ten, you get the money for tomes, and the kills, in the process of doing the objective.

I've played a number of Warcraft servers, both 1.6 and Source. Some have deathmatch maps, some don't. Some have uber XP, some don't. Some allow things other ban. We're not trying to be like every other server. Most server's aren't trying to be like every other server. We've never had so many races that certain races are straight up more powerful than other races, with a single exception, and eva was MEANT to be like that. Our metagame is constantly changing. Spider man was once upon a time, underplayed. Shadow hunter constantly changes from "broken" to "meh" in the eyes of the players. The only normal race that has constantly been played, and complained about, is Vaga.

8. Default

Shadow Of The Void........ because all we need is 2 teams with black holes none stop >.>