ze_UglyLondon

UPDATED: Fuck Escape Maps. Cade Maps are way more fun

Can an admin delete this thread?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mattman111; 01-08-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Added stuff, etc

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mattman111 View Post
    ze_UglyLondon

Hold outs that normally will last from 10secs - 1Min (Maybe more time for the final escape)
    Hold outs have almost no cover. This will force the team to work together to hold off zombies as well as make the escape harder. (Might need to tweak due to dumbstruck teammates)
    Challenging (Who wants a easy escape? That's not fair to zombies)
    I do not play in the zm server often but I have a stronger opinion against ze maps because of the amount that are terrible.

Saying that, I believe the above does need to be tweaked. I despise every new or ignorant player in that server because they make it miserable for everyone. Some do it on purpose, others do it out of ignorance. This will need to be tweaked over several versions because you need to test it with multiple people. Otherwise it is just your best guess.

I like the plans set out for this map, but I will continue to comment after you post the rest of the media and information.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    I do not play in the zm server often but I have a stronger opinion against ze maps because of the amount that are terrible.

Saying that, I believe the above does need to be tweaked. I despise every new or ignorant player in that server because they make it miserable for everyone. Some do it on purpose, others do it out of ignorance. This will need to be tweaked over several versions because you need to test it with multiple people. Otherwise it is just your best guess.

I like the plans set out for this map, but I will continue to comment after you post the rest of the media and information.
    As i get feedback Ill tweak alot of it. The holdouts I'm interested to see how will i need to tweak it. I'm worried that if i shorten it, The Escape will become too easy. But if i lengthen it to much it will become impossible.

Thanks Hopefully with some help this escape will be decent if not better than most escape maps.

4. Default

I don't like ze's at all but this map looks pretty cool. This might be the first ze i will like and play

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by T3h tyrant View Post
    I don't like ze's at all but this map looks pretty cool. This might be the first ze i will like and play
    Thanks!

6. Default

btw there is no such thing as teamwork on our zmod servers please put obstacles for zombies to get around or this map will fail lol just a heads up

7. Default

make sure that there are traps that you can kill/slow/sacrifice humans to the zombies or slow the zombies with

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    make sure that there are traps that you can kill/slow/sacrifice humans to the zombies or slow the zombies with
    Like A C4 Explosive that you would have to sacrifice yourself to like blow a hole in the road. Slowing down the zombies somewhat?

EDIT: I'll Put it in thanks for the idea. Ill put you in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by T3h tyrant View Post
    btw there is no such thing as teamwork on our zmod servers please put obstacles for zombies to get around or this map will fail lol just a heads up
    Haha I'll add cover to the point that it still looks realistic. I don't want tons of bookshelves, vending machines, And couches all over the place. Anyways i know i need to find a way for the survivors to have cover since fast zombie is OP.
    Last edited by mattman111; 01-03-2012 at 03:55 PM.

9. Default

The timer for the bombs could be reduced I think. The 30 second first bomb would kill the map. Our Zombies spawn around the 30 second mark. If the humans only have a 200 foot headstart a good zombie will rape them b4 the second bomb goes off.

(Edit)
    It may just be the spawn point when I started the map. the sewers look great, but I think that it may be better if you have to jump from the water to the ledge around the sides. As it stands if you run across the water you can just run up to the ledge on the other side. It would slow the players down if it involved a jump.
    Last edited by Rosie; 01-03-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    The timer for the bombs could be reduced I think. The 30 second first bomb would kill the map. Our Zombies spawn around the 30 second mark. If the humans only have a 200 foot headstart a good zombie will rape them b4 the second bomb goes off.

(Edit)
    It may just be the spawn point when I started the map. the sewers look great, but I think that it may be better if you have to jump from the water to the ledge around the sides. As it stands if you run across the water you can just run up to the ledge on the other side. It would slow the players down if it involved a jump.
    The Spawns points as of now are just so i can quickly look at the hold out points and change them. And with the sewers my brain might just be derp atm but when i ran the sewers i jumped from side to side without problem. Ill double check.

EDIT: Derp nvm i understand. Ill lower the water and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT2: Its now possible to jump crouch onto the sewer ledge. If you think it needs to be tweaked again let me know.
    Last edited by mattman111; 01-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.