Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012

1. Default

2012 is when the elohim will return to earth to enslave us and steal all our gold for their space ships and diminishing atmosphere on their home planet the real 13th planet.

2. Default

The LHC will fire a proton and anti proton (yes anti proton = a proton from antimatter) at 99.999999999999...% speed of light and then attempt to detect what will occurred on impact.

3. Default

I highly doubt the world will end 2012 lol alot of stuff going on that day but look at it like this, at the turn of the millinia how many people killed themselves because they thought it would be the day of the apocalypse or somthing like that i dont remember but like ALOT of people killed themselves thinking it would be the end of the world...... and i remember hearing tons of similar shit thats going on now about us all dieing........... not gonna happen and im not sure about the whole pysics thing but i thought black holes only formed when a sun extinguished and the sudden loss of that much energy and space creates a massive vaccum.

of course i could be wrong here but thats just what ive picked up.

4. Default

I don't remember the exact definition of a black hole, but i don't think physicists know everything about them. A very generalized description is that they are a relatively small thing with an immense gravitational field. The field is strong enough to pull light into it. I think that after some suns die out they like implode on themselves until they are a small particle with a very large gravitational field. But we don't know all the details since we still don't know everything about the cause of gravity.

... This is rehashed from past physics courses a few years ago, so there's a lot of cobwebs surrounding it but i think thats the basic jist.

Some people theorize that there is an extremely small black hole on earth. There is an area off the coast of Japan that is similar to the Bermuda Triangle and a line through the earth connecting them cuts right through the center of the earth. People think the weird shit surrounding the bermuda triangle is linked to a black hole

... Wow, I feel like a total nerd now...
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

5. Default

not a black hole hodgie... a worm hole connects the bermuda triangle and the ring of fire in japan.
    you can catch that in the special features of the stargate movie if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by deprodigy; 09-27-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: .

6. Default

Oops, yea you're right... Not sure how I mixed that up. Thanks for the correction.
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

7. Default

Haha this black hole stuff scares me.

I always thought the Bermuda Triangle was just a bunch of gravity or something that causes the weird stuff to happen.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

8. Default

I don't know how many times I have heard from various irrational thinkers that the world is going to end on some specific date. If they actually gave some good solid evidence or at least axioms, I'm not taking the information without a grain of salt. Even in this modern day we have countless acts of scapegoating, religious persecutions, creed wars, ideological wars, tyranny and lack of interest in generating empirical evidence. In my careful observation of general human conception of death, I have come to realize people will sometimes believe anything for comfort if the proper circumstances are there. It is far easy to pass judgment without going through the rigorous logical steps for rationality than it is to be a responsible intellectual.

9. Default

A black hole is a place where a universal singularity has created a hole within the fabric of time space. This is often the result of a large star with a 4+solar mass collapsing. When a star is alive the energy created by the fusion of t's mass keeps most of the mass spread apart because of the pressure. When the gravitational strength of the stars core becomes greater than the pressure that is generated by its fusion reaction it collapses. When this occurs the mass inside of the star becomes very concentrated within one point. Once the concentration of mass at one point becomes too great it begins to trear though the fabric of time space and form a universal singularity. Once formed this hole will still move just as if was still within the universe and it will still have a gravitational pull around it however as you approach the universal singularity the gravity will increase exponentially thus also slowing down time exponentially. Also the hole exists only where the universal singularity is and it does not create tears ect in the fabric of the universe. Light ect that is far enough away not to get sucked in will logically be bent in its direction just as if it had passed buy a star or any other object. Objects can safely orbit black holes. Also the more mass a black hole contains the smaller the actual hole is, ie bigger black hole with regard to mass will have a smaller sized universal singularity.

10. Default

Article on Pop-sci about the LHC
    http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...-destroy-earth

There was an article in this months issue that was interesting, don't know where it can be found online, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find this month's issue in a store.

Predicting the apocalypse is pretty pointless in my opinion (depending upon your religious views I guess).
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."