Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    A black hole is a place where a universal singularity has created a hole within the fabric of time space. This is often the result of a large star with a 4+solar mass collapsing. When a star is alive the energy created by the fusion of t's mass keeps most of the mass spread apart because of the pressure. When the gravitational strength of the stars core becomes greater than the pressure that is generated by its fusion reaction it collapses. When this occurs the mass inside of the star becomes very concentrated within one point. Once the concentration of mass at one point becomes too great it begins to trear though the fabric of time space and form a universal singularity. Once formed this hole will still move just as if was still within the universe and it will still have a gravitational pull around it however as you approach the universal singularity the gravity will increase exponentially thus also slowing down time exponentially. Also the hole exists only where the universal singularity is and it does not create tears ect in the fabric of the universe. Light ect that is far enough away not to get sucked in will logically be bent in its direction just as if it had passed buy a star or any other object. Objects can safely orbit black holes. Also the more mass a black hole contains the smaller the actual hole is, ie bigger black hole with regard to mass will have a smaller sized universal singularity.
    Thanks for the interestig reading, please keep more of the quality forum writing going. I also enjoyed the popsci article link article, though it was short and left me hungry for more information.

2. Default

I always thought it would be cool (not really this would suck) but if zombies came... and left the world in a state of only a people are left.. or.. small towns of people stand guarding from zombies or something.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

3. Default

kk ty zero for clearing that up, i always wondered wtf a black hole realy was, although, where exactly do the items that go into a black hole go?

or do they just become super compacted and massivly dense?

4. Default Chaos

PLANET-DISSOLVING DUST CLOUD IS HEADED TOWARD EARTH!
    Monday September 12, 2005

By MIKE FOSTER

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Experts believe the chaos cloud is composed of particles spawned near the event horizon of a black hole (a form of what's called Hawking Radiation) that have been distorted by mangled information spewed from the hole.

"A super-massive black hole lies about 28,000 light-years from Earth at the center of our galaxy," explained Dr. Sherwinski.

"Last year the eminent physicist Stephen Hawking revised his theory of black holes -- which previously held that nothing could escape the hole's powerful gravitational field. He demonstrated that information about objects that have been sucked in can be emitted in mangled form.

"It now appears that mangled information can distort matter.

"Just imagine our galaxy the Milky Way as a beautiful, handwritten letter.

"Now imagine pouring a glass of water on the paper and watching the words dissolve as the stain spreads. That's what the chaos cloud does to every star or planet it encounters."

To avoid widespread panic, NASA has declined to make the alarming discovery public. But Dr. Sherwinski's contacts at the agency's Chandra X-ray Observatory leaked to him striking images of the newly discovered chaos cloud obliterating a large asteroid.

"It's like watching a helpless hog being dissolved in a vat of acid," one NASA scientist told Dr. Sherwinski.

Ordinarily, Hawkings Radiation is harmless.

"It's produced when an electron- positron pair are at the event horizon of a black hole," Dr. Sherwinski explained. "The intense curvature of space-time of the hole can cause the positron to fall in, while the electron escapes."

But when "infected" by mangled information from the black hole, the particles become a chaos cloud, which in turn mangles everything it touches.

"If it continues unchecked, the chaos cloud will eventually reduce our galaxy to the state of absolute chaos that existed before the birth of the universe," the astrophysicist warned.

Some scientists say mankind's best hope would be to build a "space ark" and hightail it to the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.1 million light-years away.

"We wouldn't be able to save the entire human population, but perhaps the best and the brightest," observed British rocket scientist Dr. David Hall, when asked about the feasibility of such a project.

But even if such a craft could be built in time, evacuating Earth might prove fruitless if theories about the origin of the chaos cloud are correct.

"A black hole at the center of Andromeda is about 15 times the size of the one in our own galaxy," Dr. Sherwinski noted. "It might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a senior White House official said the president's top science advisors are taking the findings in stride.

"This is a lot like global warming, where the jury is still out on whether it's real or not," said the official.

"The existence of this so called chaos cloud is only a theory. Americans shouldn't panic until all the facts are in."

although i believe this was later determined to be a hoax. sounded good to go with the discussion

5. Default

D-monic... i hate you.
    I'm going to have nightmares now.
    I really hate this "end of life" stuff.
    It gets me thinking alot... and how i just want to live life, but all the death stuff... relates around 2012-2018. 2012 is when i graduate highschool... -.-
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

6. Default

The only "end of the earth" scenario I'm willing to consider is the possibility that there's a supermassive black hole in the center of the milky way which will eventually suck the earth in and destroy it. But we're talking way beyond our lifetime or any of our childrens lifetime or their children's lives x(insert number here).

7. Default

you are all fools if you don't believe in the elohim!

8. Default

The last days of earth will be the caused by a species called humans.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    The last days of earth will be the caused by a species called humans.
    Assholes...
    Last edited by Hodgie; 09-29-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

10. Default

We will not get sucked in as we are orbiting it. Also in theory anything that enters a black hole is no longer considered to be within the universe. I believe that this logic is based on the stander model which is broken anyways so it does not really matter.