Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baiting

1. Default

I know what baiting is. It does take skill, you might not be doing it right, but for pub it is a tactic that can be used to gain an advantage in score. You never use it for scrims or anything important. But in a pub its cool to do, i do it if i get the chance.
    -MBP

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    I know what baiting is. It does take skill, you might not be doing it right, but for pub it is a tactic that can be used to gain an advantage in score. You never use it for scrims or anything important. But in a pub its cool to do, i do it if i get the chance.
    Well, I guess I'm not doing it right since I don't try to do it. It may be a pub but your goal remains the same win the round and baiting doesn't help your team win.

3. Default

Since when did people start playing for a team win? I know most of the regulars play for rank and enjoyment. I usually just play for enjoyment, and its fun getting a knife wile the guy isnt flashed or reloading, its even worth someone else getting killed in the process.
    -MBP

4. Default

Im one of the most selfish players in the pub. lol

5. Default

Yeah baiting is lame but we've all done it at some point. I certainly have, if i know a good awper's down a hallway I'm gonna warn and if someone's dumb enough to step out there's no sense in me not taking advantage of that.

6. Default

no you can't make baiting illegal... its too hard to prove beyond personal odd ball experiences. ya its stupid... but camping is a lot larger problem than baiting. neither will carry a specific section in the rules.

7. Default

That is why i asked for examples of when some one is ans is not doing it. If you can not even show the difference in theory between theoretical scenarios than it is impossible to enforce and will never be made a rule.

8. Default

IMO, baiting is part of the game.. like MBP said... you're not gonna do that shit in a scrim/match because they'll replace your ass sooner than later.

However, for a pub... I can't see how it should be a punishable offense.
    Example: Picture a CT with an AWP on Dust2. The CT is by the double doors in middle, towards Bomb site B (in an area he can snipe catwalk and listen to footsteps in the tunnels).

Picture this, 2 terrorists - ME and Man bear pig. Going by something as easy as sound, or radar. I can normally tell where people on my team are dying, or just by common sense, i'll know where an enemy Awper may be positioned.

If me and MBP are both running through double doors to go either thru CT spawn or to Bomb Site B. You can bet your ass I will let him go first and take the bullet, or atleast make the awper miss. It is at that time i will pop out.

Baiting? Yes.
    Punishiable offense? Don't think so... more often than not, i'll let an idiot teamatte of mine run first... It's more fun that way =)

PEW PEW PEW™

9. Default

I'm a master baiter :}

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime View Post
    I'm a master baiter :}
    I see what you did there

Sorry I had to
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?