Thread: Map Selections

1. Default Map Selections

This is just a suggestion because I know a lot of other people feel this way as well but would it be possible to change up the map vote selection. Seems most are really bad custom maps or just bad stock maps. Sometimes there isn't even one good map to vote for out of the 5 and then a shitty map gets picked and the server drains out.

Not a huge deal just something I've noticed since I've been playing at IBIS.

"If you don't like my fire..Don't come around..cuz I'm gonna burn one doooowwnnn"

2. Default

i know its a real issue.. many admins as well as me try our very best to mix things up a bit when we're online.. especially me. if im the senior admin online on at the time.. ill always do a custom built map vote everytime
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

3. Default

A new map vote system is planed for installation within the next 2 weeks. It will be integrated with the map rating system and will base the likely hood of maps showing up off of how high there ranking is. This is also great because when you rate maps you are also voting for how often you will like to see them appear as an option in the map votes.

4. Default

then again some people are lazy and always choose 1 when the rating thingy pops up.,.. and 1 is dismiss D:
    another possible problem with this system is that some maps are already overplayed and if this rating system is up.. it would mean that these map *cough* atix *cough* would even be more overplayed

and if new maps were ever to be added.. it would probably never be played since the likelihood of it appearing on the votes with 0 rating is highly unlikely
    Last edited by weeman2412; 09-28-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

5. Default

I am actually wondering what occurs when it can not talk to the database...

6. Default

Have 2 zombie servers, 1 of escape, other of cades. Well 1 server manly escape, other manly cades would be better. Have both types of maps in each. Just 1 with cades other with escape.

I might be confusing you, if so, ill clear it up when i get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    Have 2 zombie servers, 1 of escape, other of cades. Well 1 server manly escape, other manly cades would be better. Have both types of maps in each. Just 1 with cades other with escape.

I might be confusing you, if so, ill clear it up when i get a chance.
    -MBP

8. Default

Cading server and escape server would get really boring, really fast. If you think about it, how incredibly bored would you get if you had to play the same 5 or so decent escape maps that we have over and over again? Basically the same thing with the cade maps.
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

9. Default

If you recall..... There was a Beta IBIS pure escape server.... It didn't go over so well.

10. Default

what if u reset the rating on all the maps that would take out the problem of the older maps getting played all the time and the new ones never getting touched. that would allow you to not have to have an admin on every hour to make sure the games are going as planned