Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Unhappy need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im trying to get css woprk but my computer is always fucking up it says steam update but nothing happens and it eventually says that steam has an error and it cannot be ran... its either my internet connection or security settings, someone please help!

Last edited by THE HOLY SH**T!; 09-28-2008 at 04:39 PM.

2. Default

delete clientregristry.blob

3. Default

I deleted it but nothing happen, still came up the same thing... anything else i could do?

this is for my new computer and i am totally clueless...
    Last edited by THE HOLY SH**T!; 09-28-2008 at 09:01 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    I deleted it but nothing happen, still came up the same thing... anything else i could do?

this is for my new computer and i am totally clueless...
    get rid of vista?

5. Default

are you sure that the internet is working correctly and that you do not have a firewall turned on.

Also if nothing works try turning off vista and then running it.

6. Default

never thought that vista would be the problem, i did try it by turning off the fire wall and still nothing. It still got the same results, i also downloaded steam from the homepage, and it still got the same errors, i havent try to turn off vista. Could it be a connection problem, say like the whole internet connection system? it has a slight different error on my other computer at home, but they both wont update it and eventually 1 leads to troubleshooter error and other the steam.exe( main exception ) error.

here are my computer specs and info.

Processor
    Processor brand
    Processor brand: AMD
    Refers to the company that manufactures the processor.

View full glossary

Processor brand: Refers to the company that manufactures the processor.
    AMD
    Processor type
    Processor type: Athlon 64 X2
    The generation/basic model of the processor.

View full glossary

Processor type: The generation/basic model of the processor.
    Athlon 64 X2
    Processor speed
    Processor speed: 2.80GHz
    The number of calculations that the processor can handle in one second measured in millions of cycles (MHz).

View full glossary

Processor speed: The number of calculations that the processor can handle in one second measured in millions of cycles (MHz).
    2.80GHz
    Bus speed
    Bus speed: N/A
    The maximum rate of communication between the processor and the rest of the system, measured in millions of cycles (MHz).

View full glossary

Bus speed: The maximum rate of communication between the processor and the rest of the system, measured in millions of cycles (MHz).
    N/A
    Level 2 cache 1MB
    Level 3 cache N/A
    Memory
    RAM 4GB
    RAM expandable to: Info unavailable
    Memory type (RAM) 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-6400)
    Storage/Drives
    Hard drive size
    Hard drive size: 500GB
    Hard drive space is typically measured in Gigabytes (GB) or storage; the larger the number, the more programs, games and data you can use on your computer.

View full glossary

Hard drive size: Hard drive space is typically measured in Gigabytes (GB) or storage; the larger the number, the more programs, games and data you can use on your computer.
    500GB
    Hard drive speed 7200RPM
    Burns DVDs Yes
    Lightscribe Yes
    Expansion
    Available PCI-E x1 slots N/A
    Available 3.5" bays 0
    Available 5.25" bays 0
    Available PCI-E x16 slots 1
    Available PCI slots 0
    Ports
    USB 2.0
    USB 2.0: 6
    USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.

View full glossary

USB 2.0: USB is a standard connection port on most PCs. This will allow you to quickly and easily connect and sync the device with your computer.
    Firewire
    Firewire: 1
    FireWire (or IEEE 1394) is a type of data transfer. Devices with FireWire output can transfer footage directly to a PC with a compatible cable.

View full glossary

Firewire: FireWire (or IEEE 1394) is a type of data transfer. Devices with FireWire output can transfer footage directly to a PC with a compatible cable.
    DVI (Digital Video Interface)
    DVI (Digital Video Interface): 0
    This is a digital interface for connecting a video source, such as a DVD player, to an HDTV or HD monitor. DVI has the necessary bandwidth for uncompressed, HD digital video.

View full glossary

DVI (Digital Video Interface): This is a digital interface for connecting a video source, such as a DVD player, to an HDTV or HD monitor. DVI has the necessary bandwidth for uncompressed, HD digital video.
    TV tuner
    TV tuner: No
    A TV tuner lets you watch broadcast TV on the system.

View full glossary

TV tuner: A TV tuner lets you watch broadcast TV on the system.
    No
    Internet/networking
    Ethernet Yes
    Built-in wireless Yes
    Dial-up modem Included
    Graphics/video
    Video memory 1343MB
    Video memory type Partially shared
    Software
    Operating system Windows® Vista Home Premium
    General features
    UPC 883585957262
    Manufacturer's part number KQ489AA#ABA
    Dimensions
    Height 10.9 inches
    Width 4.2 inches
    Depth 13.4 inches
    Weight 19.7 lbs.

Desktop for your digital life: The HP Pavilion Slimline s3500f is designed and built to have a small footprint and a big impact on your digital life. It's one-third the size of an average desktop PC, but it's packed with features including a DVD SuperMulti drive, LightScribe disc labeling, wireless connectivity, and more.

AMD Athlon processor: The 2.8GHz Athlon X2 5400 Dual-Core processor delivers mega-tasking power for gaming and multimedia by providing direct and rapid information flow between processor cores, main memory, and graphics and video accelerators. The Athlon features AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture to blast through performance bottlenecks.

This desktop features 4GB of DDR2 (2 x 2048MB) system memory—enough for the most demanding users, gamers and multimedia professionals. DDR2 is slightly faster than DDR, the previous standard in system memory.

HyperTransport technology works like a fully-integrated frontside bus that increases bandwidth, reduces bottlenecks and enables processors to work more efficiently.

Processors search for the same data over and over. L2 caches keep data neat, organized, and nearby so processors can retrieve it quickly. This desktop has a 1MB L2 cache, which gives the processor a little boost.

Hard drive: This spacious hard drive features a 500GB capacity—perfect for robust collections of music, movies and multimedia. There's also room for an extra 500GB of portable space with an optional HP Personal Media Drive. This drive’s data disks spin at 7200rpm, providing faster-than-average access to your files.

DVD SuperMulti drive: Use this drive to burn DVDs and CDs to share your files, music mixes or home movies. You can even burn DVD-RAM discs—specially-formatted discs that let you drag and drop, or write and rewrite your files up to 100,000 times.

LightScribe disc labeling: Burn custom, silkscreen-quality labels and images onto your discs with the same drive that burns the data.

Go wireless: Built-in 802.11bg wireless LAN gives you a fast connection to a wide range of networks and peripherals.

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) with SP1: Windows Vista Home Premium is the operating system for homes with advanced computer needs. And Vista Premium features the elegant new Aero interface. You’ll be able to use your desktop more effectively and enjoy new entertainment experiences—all with the benefit of added security and reliability.

High-end video: This desktop features advanced NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics with 128MB dedicated memory, an addition to the main system memory, and 1343MB total available video memory. This high-end memory is great for more demanding games or video editing.

15-in-1 media card reader: Seamlessly transfer images from your digital camera, MP3 player or camcorder. This extremely versatile 15-in-1 reader is compatible with Smart Media, CompactFlash I/II, Secure Digital, mini Secure Digital, xD, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, MicroDrive, MultiMedia Card (MMC), Reduced Size-MMC, MMCplus and MMCmobile.

Tons of ports: With six USB 2.0, one FireWire and more, you’ll be able to add plenty of peripherals.

7. Default

You should have xp and vista on the same computer and try it on both.

8. Default

Also check steam faq on steampowered.com

9. Default

i dont have xp but could i get a download on the internet?

and i went to steam support, and they didnt help me at all.

10. Default

You cannot obtain windows XP without buying it... atleast not legally. Also, are you right clicking on steam and choosing "Run as administraitor"?