Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TK Protection at Round Start

1. Default TK Protection at Round Start

Can you please enable auto kick/ban of tkers in the first 15 seconds of the round? The last few nights I've played there have been issues with tk'ers in the server. We try to voteban them, but there is never enough votes. I think the number of voteban votes required is a bit too high. If memory serves, we needed 16/18(?) votes to ban a user on a full server. I think a lower percentage would be more sane such as 30 or 40%. Thanks for your time....

2. Default

I do agree that the votebans needed is too high. Most other servers have it set at half the server minus 1.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    I do agree that the votebans needed is too high. Most other servers have it set at half the server minus 1.
    The same goes for RTV. I think it should be automatic that when admins are not arround, people should need less votes
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

TK Protection would be Benfecial For hackers also, since most of the time they are TKED till a admin comes in

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPanda View Post
    TK Protection would be Benfecial For hackers also, since most of the time they are TKED till a admin comes in
    Tk punishment is gd for regs and hackers alike, as panda just explained.The only way is to cut the votes' ruling percentage by half. Make it 51%of players THAT DOESNT INCLUDE THE PLAYER BEING VOTEBANNED (shouldnt be hard to implement) this way hackers have no vote in this, wrongful bans can be brought to forums, specially since voteban isnt a long ban...What gd is it if u take 10 minues to get enough votes for voteban someone for like 5 mins only for them to come back... And starts again.1 thing i need to point out is: there should be a punishment for those players who keep votebanning everyone for fun... Many players are reluctant to voteban someone truely hacking, thinking it's a joke, or bcos they dnt trus the people votebanning the hacker... ( boy who cried wolf, pretty much)..And yes, i votebanned a couple people before, but as an admin, it was an obvious joke when i said it in gMe, specially since admins dnt need voteban when they got !ban xD.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Another thought have a cap at 3 tks you are kicked and banned for 15 minutes? Or something.

Only reason I say cap is there are times there are accidental tks.

7. Default

I think the vote percentage should be (# in server-1) /2

Ie. 20 ppl in the server = (20-1)/2 = 19/2 = 9.5
    9.5/20 = 48%

51% would require someone (atleast 1 or 2) on the other team to voteban as well. If it where 50% then everyone on the team (minus the hacker) plus someone on the other team would have to vote. Often times the other team may not be aware of the tk'ing (or may not care) and not vote at all.

Setting this variable in the server's config should be fine until the vote stuff can get sorted and/or implemented

Code:
    // Kick players who team-kill within this many seconds of a round restart.
    mp_spawnprotectiontime 10
    Last edited by masher; 02-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by masher View Post

Ie. 20 ppl in the server = 20-1/2 = 19/2 = 9.5
    9.5/20 = 48%
    *20-1/2=19.5
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

I actually meant (20-1)/2 = 9.5.

Did you know that the number of vote bans it takes to ban someone on an IBIS is the number of people on the server at the time including the person being vote banned. Well at least it is like that on the zombie mod server.