Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: International Saimoe League

1. Default

2. Default

3. Default

Because ISML does not fall under the radar of my school's web filter, I was able to submit my votes twice. Exactly identical submissions.

• Stella 1: Misaka Mikoto, Hecate
    Vote for Railgun = winning

• Stella 2: Yuki Nagato, Izumi Konata
    This one seemed to have some real close competition, apart from Nagato.

• Stella 3: Nakano Azusa, Oshino Shinobu
    Azusa will surely win, as her fanbase this past year on ISML has been the strongest out of all K-On characters. Not like she doesn't deserve it either.

• Stella 4: Shana, Hiragi Kagami
    I stand by my decision pretty firmly

• Stella 5: Aisaka Taiga, Kotegawa Yui
    I honestly haven't watched To Love-Ru. I kinda just winged it off by picture. The only ones I recognized were Ritsu and Taiga. Palmtop Tiger seemed to have considerably weak competition going off her past seasons on ISML

• Stella 6: Hiiragi Tsukasa, Katsura Hinagiku
    I haven't watched Hayate no Gotoku either, but I've had meaning to for a while.

• Nova 7: Victorique de Blois, Nakagawa Kanon
    The Grey Wolf easily wins my vote here. I've only seen Gosick and PMMM out of this group, so I winged it and gave Nakagawa Kanon my vote.

• Nova 8: Kanzaki H. Aria, Kōsaka Kirino
    Not much to say. I enjoyed their shows a lot, plus the only titles I have seen in this group.....

• Nova 9: Dalian, Horizon Ariadust (P-01s)
    Yes, I winged this one. Really hard. I'm ashamed that the only character I know is Kuroi Mato, and I haven't even started the first episode for the Blackrock Shooter series that's airing. Who are all these girls T^T

• Nova 10: Abstained
    This selection puzzled me... only recognized Ayase and Ueno (reminded me that I still need to start Fate/Zero ). So I didn't vote.

• Nova 11: Haruna, Laura Bodewig
    Not much to say. Lots of these selections are extremely easy to make since I don't know the personalities of all these competitors....

• Nova 12: Toshinō Kyōko, Sena Airi
    Pretty much winged this selection as well. As much as I enjoy Iwasawa's voice (although the seiyuus for singing and character lines are different ) and character, she seems out of place in this competition. I predict the colossal mass known as the Akemi Homura fanbase will be riding their queen to a landslide victory in this group.... I am finding myself having to ask this too often. Who are these girls?? T^T

Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 02-15-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Default

The votes of the uncontrolled and uninformed masses is pretty easy to predict. The older, and renown titles team up with those with seasons airing to crush out semi-new and tiny titles. Pretty much all of the losers are from titles that rarely get mentioned, and all the winners from current or highly popularized titles. Here are the results for ISML preliminary round 2

preliminaryround2results.png

Preliminary Round 3 Preview. Voting opens February 16th @ 9GMT

preliminaryround3preview.png

5. Default

Ok so the next sets contain people who lost previous ones too?

6. Default

I think that ISML holds loser brackets to give voters more chances to vote for losing favorites and I think enable losers to rejoin the running competition against characters they had previously lost to or never had a chance to face.

Some of this changed from last August when I first started. Last year there were never any of these nova/stella divisions, and a total of 50 girls. Competition was more personal with one on one's. Well, right now, there's 144 girls, but only 72 will make it through preliminary, which ends in the first half of April. Then these 72 girls will be divided into nova and stella, and within these brackets of 36, I assume that the one one one matches begin. There are these sort of "competing seasons" in which the highest ranking girls enter a free-for-all competition for that season's "necklace," which is pretty much a award for triumphing that season. There used to be 12 seasons, one for every month, but this year there will be 5, but still monthly. At the end of the year, if thing's have not changed, the top 16 girls will enter the elimination period and compete for the "heavenly tiara" which basically shows the grand winner. Fate Testarossa, Katsura Hinagiku, Mio Akiyama, and Misaka Mikoto have thus far earned the heavenly tiara. Statistics seem to be dependent on both amount of votes gained in a season as well as how much wins the character has.

THIS provides a much better explanation: http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/rules/

7. Default

I'm running short on time, so I'll just post this rather than list all of my votes. There is one abstain in Stella 12

Attached Images

8. Default

• Hirasawa Ui, Misaka Mikoto
    • Nagato Yuki, Sanzen'in Nagi
    • Nakano Azusa, Saginomiya Isumi
    • Kawasumi Mai, Shiina Mafuyu
    • Hiiragi Kagami, Kotobuki Tsumugi
    • Kagura, Katsura Hinagiku
    • Alice, Victorique
    • Matsumae Ohana, Shinonome Nano
    • Hasegawa Kobato, Inami Mahiru