Thread: add [fl_dock_BDC - "Flashlight]

1. Default add [fl_dock_BDC - "Flashlight]

This is just for LuLz because you know me, i gotta put something fun in here. This map is a flashlight map, its dark and you need to use the flashlight which we all need to anyways to hunt humans, but here you need to turn it on to see others and you only get to use a pistol so it doesn't get crazy with spam and its very funny actually, i have played this once i think or something similar to it, and it is very refreshing and fun.

http://www.gamebanana.com/css/maps/157150

2. Default

...........-1

we don't need retarded gimmick maps. we need balanced real maps that work for all the races.

all this map would do is force every one 2 go athena.
    Last edited by maynard; 02-17-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    ...........-1

we don't need retarded gimmick maps. we need balanced real maps that work for all the races.

all this map would do is force every one 2 go athena.
    this is why we got rid of blahhhh. i still miss that map.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

I believe blahh is still on server, just not in rotation. but we really don't need more weird ass random maps... we need proper maps... and as for weird ass random maps go... blahh is like the king of them Lol...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Another problem is the "you only get to use a pistol". Either A: This make certain races useless, or B: (the more likely choice) You go a gun race and laugh at those who can't.

Plus, even without knowing the map size or anything, I can tell you I'm never touching my flashlight there. Either A: Gamma/Brightness to the max, or B: Abusing name/radar.

But even as gimmick maps go, I don't really see the appeal for this one. Maybe I'd have to play it sometime, to see it.

6. Default

Like i posted at the very top, more of a troll/LuLz than a srs choice. I honestly really wish that there would be some sort of consideration when it comes to "AIM" maps which do not have an objective but are still great maps. WCS is very fun on maps like Aim_ak_colt, were you need to be creative on how to not only outshoot someone that has the same advantage as you, but to use specific races that would give you an even bigger advantage.

But this is just a thought/wish i fully understand why (objective maps only) just thinking out loud more then anything.

7. Default

and like I said, we don't need gimick maps... people who are regulars on the server take it seriously, and want 2 lvl and generally care about ranking... these maps fuck it all up...

unless there's a specific good map you want on the server, don't start just throwing down requests for retarded gimick maps as you're clearly not getting it...

figured when you asked what kinda maps were good for WCS it was made faily clear 2 ya by myself, mage and cyber...
    Last edited by maynard; 02-17-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

If you want to know why we don't want Aim maps, just look at your iceworld suggestion thread.

If it hasn't been stated there, we have had fy maps on our server before. While people liked them, mostly they were liked for the wrong reasons. Beating them because you're better with the same weapons sounds like a good idea, but ultimately isn't what happens.

Making troll threads is also a good way to poison the well, FYI. We have a blog section, if you really want to talk out loud/to yourself. Questioning on the main WCS would be a better place than here, however, as you've already been given answers, not as much. If you have specific questions, PMs would work too.