Thread: Mic doesn't work with Steam

1. Default Mic doesn't work with Steam

So here is a new problem that has developed. My microphone doesnt seem to work with any steam application. Works perfectly fine for everything else, Skype, recording, etc, but with Steam, it either pics nothing up, or if I boost it to the max, I transmit loud static but nothing more. Everything is enabled, selected, etc within steam.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

Is it a 3.5mm mic or did you get a USB mic b/c you like to make your life an adventure game with a bad ending?

3. Default

Its a 3.5mm

4. Default

Imma bump dis

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Is it a 3.5mm mic or did you get a USB mic b/c you like to make your life an adventure game with a bad ending?
    You say that like USB mics are bad. Cant hate on Blue branded mics with thick shielded USB cables.
    Honestly your going to run into more issues with 3.5mm on mics anyways. I dont know of any high quality mics that use 3.5, its either all 1/4 inch, midi, or USB.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    So here is a new problem that has developed. My microphone doesnt seem to work with any steam application. Works perfectly fine for everything else, Skype, recording, etc, but with Steam, it either pics nothing up, or if I boost it to the max, I transmit loud static but nothing more. Everything is enabled, selected, etc within steam.

do you have steam signed in on another computer/laptop at home, or on your phone app?

There's a known valve issue where if you're signed into multiple instances of steam across multiple computers, you lose some functionality that gets split amongst the three accounts.
    For example you won't be able to accept steam calls on your recently-signed-in machine, but you wont get audio notifications of a chat on your earlier one etc...

Does it happen? sometimes... happened to me last week when trying to accept a steam call from Scribbs.
    is it a consistent fact? no.
    why?
    because valve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    You say that like USB mics are bad. Cant hate on Blue branded mics with thick shielded USB cables.
    Honestly your going to run into more issues with 3.5mm on mics anyways. I dont know of any high quality mics that use 3.5, its either all 1/4 inch, midi, or USB.

why not both?
    My hyper x cloud II of divine gloryness is by far the best headset i've ever owned.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

Only have steam open in one place. Kind of an update, windows died on me again, so i reinstalled last week, mic worked perfectly fine for like 2-3 days with steam, CS:GO etc, then just stopped working again.

8. Default

Try net_graph 1

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    Try net_graph 1
    Quit stealing my bits