Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Works From Key In Production!!!!

1. Default

Don't mean to double post, but I found more news...

I saw Saya briefly in the first promo, but not in the second promo....no mention of the seiyuus for Saya or Kanata... I'll be disappointed if Saya won't play a large role in the adaption :/

Anyway, since Tomoe Tamiyasu voiced Sasami Sasasegawa, Riki Naoe, AND Rin Natsume in the original visual novel, they replaced some of the roles.
    • Seiyuu Yui Horie (TONS of roles, the one that stands out in my memory is Minori from Toradora!, but I know that she voices a lot of shows and even sings a bit lol) will be voicing Riki Naoe.
    • Seiyuu Sora Tokui will join the cast as Sasami Sasasegawa.

--->Article
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 09-04-2012 at 11:35 PM.

2. Default

Just throwing a small update in:

• The anime adaption will no longer have the original voice actress for Mio Nishizono.
    • Shiho Kawaragi will be replaced by Yuiko Tatsumi.

This is due to Kawaragi being in her sixth month of pregnancy and concerns for her health.
    Source

I have mentioned it on this thread, but here are the specifics for the voicing staff for the main cast. All of them brought over from the visual novel. Source

• Nobutoshi Canna as Masato Inohara
    • Katsuaki Arima as Kengo Miyazawa
    • Natsumi Yanase as Komari Kamikita
    • Keiko Suzuki as Haruka Saigusa
    • Naomi Wakabayashi as Kudryavka Noumi
    • Ryouko Tanaka as Yuiko Kurugaya
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 09-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.

3. Default

October 6th 2012

These next 36 days will be hard...

Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 09-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.

4. Default

pic fail

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    pic fail
    Yup! Finally, someone else that is dissatisfied with the artwork! I was starting to wonder, I kept seeing stuff elsewhere, suggesting that the adaption's art was not a letdown. Which I think it did. Fail. Big time >_>

Although we shouldn't be surprised. The promo video was a huge indicator. Even more prevalent is the fact that, for a long time, the name of the character designer was available: Iizuka Haruko (Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions). Looking at a show like that, it's doubtless that Haruko would be unable to recreate Na-Ga and Itaru Hinoue's brilliance. imo.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Soldiers View Post
    Yup! Finally, someone else that is dissatisfied with the artwork! I was starting to wonder, I kept seeing stuff elsewhere, suggesting that the adaption's art was not a letdown. Which I think it did. Fail. Big time >_>

Although we shouldn't be surprised. The promo video was a huge indicator. Even more prevalent is the fact that, for a long time, the name of the character designer was available: Iizuka Haruko (Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions). Looking at a show like that, it's doubtless that Haruko would be unable to recreate Na-Ga and Itaru Hinoue's brilliance. imo.
    No by pic fail your hotlinks do not work...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    No by pic fail your hotlinks do not work...

Ahh fuck! They looked fine when I replied earlier.... Don't know why it didn't show up the last time I was on this thread o.O A mighty herp derp to me!

And don't get my last post wrong lol. I don't mean that the adaption's artwork is terrible; I just really really wanted to see some traces of Na-Ga's original style of art, and now I'm a little pouty about not having it lmao T^T

Well, I fixed the pictures. Never hotlinked stuff from ANN until that mess; hopefully the links from Facebook don't get screwed up >_>

8. Default

Finished Little Busters (after reading for the last 8+ hours). Will likely be the or one of the greatest things I have ever read in my life. It would be impossible to imagine that a work fiction could cause such a strong emotional response to the reader. I have had this before with Clannad but not to this degree. This level of emotional connection is something that would only normally occur in response to real things that a person has an actual deep connection with. The fact that this fictional work was able to establish the same level of response during the reading is proof of how amazing this work of art is. For what else is art than the expression of an emotion to be conveyed? It is the effectiveness of which an emotion is conveyed that we can use to truly judge art. It is for this reason that we can call Little Busters one of the finest works of art ever created.

This is the first and only VN I have ever played. I highly recommend others try it out and play though the entire story. Especially if you are currently watching the anime. It is a much different format than a normal book and is able to allow the reader to become emerged in the story in ways that other media simply does not allow. Currently I now consider VNs the most effective method for conveying the maximum amount of depth possible to a reader. More so than any other art form currently known. No purely written work can fully express the same story in the way that a VN can.

9. Default

Would expect nothing less from what some tout as "Key's greatest masterpiece"

... Now you made me really want to finish the VN! I must experience this magic called Refrain before I see it animated!!