Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Works From Key In Production!!!!

1. Talking Works From Key In Production!!!!

An anime adaption for Key's visual novel Little Busters! is in the works!
    People who have actually played the visual novel will probably be more excited than me, but I'm happy enough to see another masterpiece from Key. Currently hoping that this show will get a longer season than Angel Beats!
    (In case my old posts didn't drill it in your head, Key's other masterpieces include Air, Kanon, Clannad, Clannad: After Story~, and Angel Beats!)

Update: (4/18/12): A promotional video:

Update: (5/2/12):
    The series will be featuring Rita's opening theme song "Little Busters!" and ending theme song "Alicemagic" from the original visual novel. The series will closely adhere to the game's original story, and no "anime-only" characters will be added. The game's main cast members are reprising their roles for the adaptation.
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 05-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

YES I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME! I already have the shirt from JAPAN just for this day!!!1111111

3. Default

lol zero why didnt u make this tread then and this is going to be a must watch.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

4. Default

No I watched my friend play the game and it looked good so I kept saying I will wait for the anime and then got an awesome shirt for it that I ware to conventions all the time.

5. Default

lol your such a nerd XD jk jk

Once more into the fray.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

6. Post

A news update shows that the much desired Kyoto Animation will NOT be producing Little Busters!

This has been the source of angst for anime lovers everywhere for the last ~12ish hours. The reason being that KyoAni has worked with Key for Kanon (2006), Air, Clannad, and After Story. There's been much uproar over the departure from this partnership, based on KyoAni-Key's successful past and the new studio's shitty record.

And that new studio, is J.C. Staff.
    Now I'm a fan of JC Staff, but I have to agree that they have a pretty bad record overall. I wish they spent more time on Zero no Tsukaima, it was really rushed and rather unappealing near the end. I have to judge for myself, but some say that Shana III was confusing and left a lot to be wanted. JC Staff has adapted a lot of light novels, but they have not done a lot of visual novel adaptions, the last one being the 13 episodes of Tsukihime from 2003... I hear that as an adaption, it was a failure. But there are a couple of gems that have rolled out of JC Staff's production roll of alleged crap. But only time will tell :/

• Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Shakugan no Shana, Toaru Majutsu/Kagaku no Index/Railgun, Zero no Tsukaima, Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama)
    • Executive Producer: Kawase Kohei (Toaru Majustsu no Index, Shakugan no Shana)
    • Director: Yamakawa Yoshiki (Kill Me Baby)
    • Series Composition: Shimada Michiru (Nanatsuiro Drops, Shugo Chara!)
    • Character Designer: Iizuka Haruko (Tamayura – Hitotose, Inu X Boku SS, Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions)
    • Producer Company: Warner Entertainment Japan

I'm not entirely keen on this staff either... I definitely would have favored KyoAni, simply because of the apparent success stories of the Kyoto/Key relationship. "Don't fix what ain't broke" seemed to work pretty well. But I believe KyoAni isn't taking up Little Busters! because they have a lot of projects going on, plus there are some problems with TBS (worked with KyoAni for the last three Key adaptions), and something like wanting KyoAni to make them more money by focusing and rolling out more K-On! (*grumble* never thought one moe pool would block Little Busters!'s high potential for moeness *grumble*). I would have easily settled for P.A. Works, since their record is less "hit or miss." Plus, they did fairly well with Angel Beats! (debatable with some) and has a more reliable record with Key. Kinda? But still.... I hope JC Staff doesn't botch this up. Better not be brushed off and smashed beyond recognition in 12/13 episodes; make it something of good quality, and a nice 26 episode season to truly adapt the VN. Something of high caliber like Toradora, Toaru, or SnS S1.......

http://www.moetron.com/2012/04/07/li...-by-j-c-staff/
    http://bakemajo-maria.tumblr.com/pos...little-busters <-- this link appears broken lol

So, after all of that, what's your opinion?
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 08-17-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: formatting + swapped out less known titles

7. Default

so im confused is the anime thats at top this tread still going to be made by them or is it someone else?

Once more into the fray.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

8. Default

It will be made by JC Staff

9. Default

I am fine with the studio although it would be awsome if it was made by silver link or shaft although at that point I think it would be a different series lol.

10. Default

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR OCTOBER

I might have liked to see colors that more closely adheres to JC Staff's trademark and more closer to the coloring in the visual novel... but I like this. I don't know, it's pretty pleasant ^_^
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 07-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.