Thread: EFffing map download problem...

1. Default EFffing map download problem...

for 90% of the maps that i try to download, non will open this is what it says...

im getting a little pissed off... some help would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

2. Default

I do not even know what that means but, you will probably need to reinstall...

3. Default

DL maps from fpsbanana...

4. Default

I am not the only 1 with this problem, i have 2 freinds now with the same problem. It is something with the IBIS servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

5. Default

yeah im having the same issue as holy on multiple maps it tells me cant crc map...so i dunno what to do...

6. Default

CRC is an acronym for Cyclic Redundancy Check. A kind of checksum of the file contents that allows for error checking of transmitted data. A CRC is computed on the contents of a file and compared with a CRC that was written when the file was first written or prior to sending from some source in a communication channel. If the CRC fails, the computer knows it has a bad copy of the file or data transmission.

other people were saying a virus might cause this error and others were saying sometimes its just a bad DL so yea try DL from fpsbanana or reinstalling but good luck

Death Guest

lol u got a corrupted map nice

8. Default

so word of advice... when you're about to play on a map you know you don't have just .. spectate for one round (afk) alt-tab out download the map... pop it in your maps folder.. and bam ready for map change
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.