Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: killing hosties

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    there is nothing about respecting the objective when you shoot 3 fucking hostages in the head so you can quickly win the round...
    unless they're Asian.
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

2. Default

i've...never seen that enforced in such a way maymay. most people don't go in there explicitly to do so, of course. but if one or two gets stuck along the way, it's normal to just pop them if you can. like zero said, you lose money.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Tbh, its a great clutch strategy. I don't agree with hostie slaying if your whole Damn team is alive but if the odds are 2/6 or somthing its not a bad idea. Also Maynard, the amount of money you get for rescuing hostages is based on how many of them are rescued.
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 04-03-2012 at 06:56 AM.
    Personal reform

4. Default

AFAIK, you need to rescue at least 3 hostages in order for it to count as a win. Unless there was a change to the config that allows only 1 to be saved.

I remember back in the old days in 1.5-6 on cs_militia, it was almost impossible to rescue all of the hostages, and sometimes we'd just wallspam the garage to kill that last one. Ahhhh... memories.

EDIT: Hostie maps are shitty as fuck, anyway.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

5. Default

Honest some conditions should be made. Such as if it is logically impossible to rescue the last few hosties due to the TIME LEFT or as mentioned above the teams are like 1/6 (1 being the CTS). Otherwise I fear, as Maynard said, we'd be having some mofo's learning about this rule fly to hosties on vaga and rescuing one or two letting the team kill whichever were left (personally I'd leave the Asian... motherfucker never listens). So yeah +1 for conditions to be met on the whole killing hosties thing

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    Honest some conditions should be made. Such as if it is logically impossible to rescue the last few hosties due to the TIME LEFT or as mentioned above the teams are like 1/6 (1 being the CTS). Otherwise I fear, as Maynard said, we'd be having some mofo's learning about this rule fly to hosties on vaga and rescuing one or two letting the team kill whichever were left (personally I'd leave the Asian... motherfucker never listens). So yeah +1 for conditions to be met on the whole killing hosties thing
    if you have problems with time left, you're camping. unless it's militia, then maybe you weren't camping. as far as being 1v6 goes, i was playing on classified a few days ago as rapscallion. a ct had just killed like 4 of my teammates on the way to rescue the first 2 hostages. i set up near the second batch of hostages and my strategy is to wait til he's leaving with them to follow him and go for the easy backknife. he decides to shoot them in the face, map over. there was plenty of time left, he just didn't want to deal with me so he killed them. when you look at it that way, sure it helped him win, but i wouldn't call it as much a "clutch" strategy as i would a "bitch" strategy.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    if you have problems with time left, you're camping. unless it's militia
    this is true.

and aco, that's always been enforced on the server, since the rules went into play as it's just a cheap tactic 2 win... you have enough time 2 get the hostages if you don't drag your ass... maybe it was lost in the background noise of new adimns making up there rules... which tends 2 happen quite often, but killing the hosties was never tolerated.

doesn't matter though, if zero wants it green lighted, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    unless they're Asian.
    the asian is a lie.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

and aco, that's always been enforced on the server, since the rules went into play as it's just a cheap tactic 2 win... you have enough time 2 get the hostages if you don't drag your ass... maybe it was lost in the background noise of new adimns making up there rules... which tends 2 happen quite often, but killing the hosties was never tolerated.
    huh. i always (note, even back when the respecting objectives rule was first made) was told/had it explained (by yourself, blade, zero, etc) that the rule was created to force people to do the objective, and not just sit there. nothing about HOW the objective was to be done ever came up. indeed, it was made because some people decided to just hide instead of attempting anything, so as to not lose their guns in dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

bottom line, the consequences that come from strategically playing is sufficient. there are three ways the hostie end up dead, first and most common, they get caught in the cross fire. Second, a terrorist kills them (which is and has always been against the rules.) Thirdly, a CT knows he dosnt have enough time due to the current odds and offs the remaining hostie to win the round. The last one HARDLY happens
    Personal reform

10. Default

Lol pretty sure I know why I made the rules, thanks though. That rule was specifically made 2 ensure the bombs get planted and that people stop killing the hostages as a cheap way of winning... as before the rules were implemented WCS was kind of like the wild west... anything really went....

also, back in the day people didn't ever really do it, as it was not allowed (once rules came into play) it wasn't till over the last year when my presence has lacked in server that new admins and regs started trying 2 change various rules, or make up claims as 2 how things are.

for example, we all know the rule regarding 1 per team races as it comes up all the time... but there's still new people who try and challenge it for some odd reason... owns fighting with the new regulars recently being proof of that... if something is left un challenged long enough, people will start thinking that's how things actually go.

There is not a single need or reason 2 kill the hostages as you have more than ample time 2 complete the objective.... all it is, is people trying 2 find loopholes in winning. so what if 1 single person loses a bit of money from killing the hostages? the entire team all benefits with the winning the round bonus... including the person who shot them... the cash every 1 gains beyond out wieghts the cash the 1 single person loses... I'm not saying this 2 try and convince any 1 we need 2 change it, as zero made a decision and ill respect that.... just explaining my reasoning and why it was never allowed.

Maynard - The WCS Guy