Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manga collection?

1. Thumbs up Manga collection?

Anyone here like me who collect manga's

I'm manga freak and prefer manga above anime's
    Here's picture of share of my collection, more will follow when i got all unpacked at my new home

img1380413931.jpeg

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”

2. Default

holy shit....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPanda View Post
    holy shit....
    Also buying stuff directly form japan, long live the uncensored stuff! still tough to get the language under the knee lol

1 # 1

4. Default

How about you buy yourself a light fixture at least.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chikun View Post
    How about you buy yourself a light fixture at least.
    Lol yes, but tbh never bother to buy new one for that place i had already plans to buy new stuff when I would get my new home...

1 # 1

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Yeahhh, since coming to college my buying has come to a near complete halt (actually almost ALL anime/manga has with work and studies ). But yeah, back in middle/highschool I was the manga guy for sure , anime was great and I certainly watched a fair share of it, but manga was like my thing...

I'll try to post some pics but right now most of it is boxed along one of my walls (I keep only 1 series on my bookshelf in my apt living room at a time). I have a catalog saved on one of my externals, and even though I haven't updated it in the last few years, I had upwards of 800-1,000 volumes I think (drugs would have been so much cheaper -,-). Pictures though... need pictures =\

But yeah... GO MANGA !

EDIT:

OK! So I took some pics of a couple boxes I have up here at my place (still have a few more boxes back in a storage unit back home (no space so the japanese ones got left behind )). But to give you an idea of the madness that once was:

Wall of Manga (yes ONLY manga) boxes. Most are still sealed up with tape for easy moving since I move a lot.
    IMAG0340.jpg

Example Box (normally they'd be like the bottom, double stacked up and packed perfectly).
    IMAG0341.jpg

My current "library" for school (assorted cookbooks, some reference books, and 1 series (Iron Wok Jan in this case ))
    IMAG0342.jpg

These photos were on my phone from back in '08/ '09 when I was cataloging/ getting ready for college... seems so long ago =\. Please note, these shelves have double layers of books (see top right to get an idea).
    0503092137.jpg 0503092138a.jpg

One of these day's I'll get around to building a library for these books (and purchase all the new manga I've missed out on o.O).
    Last edited by Chef C Green; 04-12-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

7. Default

Woo Nice chef! I also orderd artbooks directly from japan Also going to make my own bookcase in the future specially for my manga's with light etc etc

1 # 1

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chef C Green View Post

Wall of Manga (yes ONLY manga) boxes. Most are still sealed up with tape for easy moving since I move a lot.
    IMAG0340.jpg

Example Box (normally they'd be like the bottom, double stacked up and packed perfectly).
    IMAG0341.jpg

My current "library" for school (assorted cookbooks, some reference books, and 1 series (Iron Wok Jan in this case ))
    IMAG0342.jpg

These photos were on my phone from back in '08/ '09 when I was cataloging/ getting ready for college... seems so long ago =\. Please note, these shelves have double layers of books (see top right to get an idea).
    0503092137.jpg 0503092138a.jpg

One of these day's I'll get around to building a library for these books (and purchase all the new manga I've missed out on o.O).
    You should host weekly sleep overs!

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    You should host weekly sleep overs!
    Hahaha, I have actually >.>... well not weekly haha, but I would have friends come over (or go to another person's house), bring a couple bags of manga, some Miyazaki films, and an anime series or two to go through. Good times ^_^
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    Anyone here like me who collect manga's

I'm manga freak and prefer manga above anime's
    Here's picture of share of my collection, more will follow when i got all unpacked at my new home

img1380413931.jpeg
    i miss my yu gi oh mangas...
    when i traveled i had to leave them home.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...