Thread: Prob in Z-mod server

1. Default Prob in Z-mod server

So some low life piece of shit goes into the server..talks shit to the admins.. I tell the little fucker to STFU and play.. So like all fucking wise-ass little punks he tells me to STFU.. So I kick the little fucker.. At the time his name was Kasper.. after I kick the little fucker... He comes back and tells us all that he's gonna lag out the Server.. and in like 2 mins later he does.. everyones ping goes up to 250 ish lag city.. 5 mins later it's back to normal.. while this happens.. I get an invite from him from friends, so does Pooter and Pollyana, and other people..We al blocked him..Then he changed his name and this was typed into the chat:

Lol wut : The server is going to lag.. alot... for a long time.. since you are an asshole. later guys

Well the server DID lag after this was said..
    I don't know who in the fuck this little shit is...but I would call this an attack on your server Zero..and he did it twice !!!!
    The shit hit the fan about 3 am EST

2. Default

traced and banned also the server is being updated to fix the glitch

3. Default

The person who did it is the leader of this clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/legionbuild

These are their steam-ids(perma baned)

STEAM_0:0:15153093
    Steam_0:0:16128776
    Steam_0:0:5175965
    Steam_0:1:10252481
    Steam_0:1:5727721
    Steam_0:1:14992939
    Steam_0:0:5127475
    Steam_0:1:8924162
    Steam_0:1:9481872
    Steam_0:1:15486256
    Steam_0:0:2379755
    Steam_0:1:18056707
    Steam_0:1:16518459
    Steam_0:0:6719592
    Steam_0:0:13034737
    Steam_0:0:10225548
    Steam_0:0:5730783
    Steam_0:0:16566893
    Steam_0:0:17730319
    Steam_0:1:18276792
    Steam_0:0:14664949
    Steam_0:1:9819555
    Steam_0:1:3185193
    Steam_0:0:17336947
    Steam_0:0:10554339
    Steam_0:0:10929947
    Steam_0:0:16617693
    Steam_0:1:13067993
    Steam_0:1:3333179
    Steam_0:1:13387305

4. Default

servers updated

5. Default

yeah i was there at the time and Kasper was the one who initially got kick or banned or whatever and then his friend HOLY SHIT ITS LORF was the first one to mention i hope you like your server being laggy. Then in no more than a minute later is was lagging like crazy. i just wanted to let you know that is wasn't kasper under a different name who initiated the first server lag it was the LORF guy.

6. Default

Yea that player was steam-id STEAM_0:0:16128776 and you will see that it already was on my list. that is because he is the name right after kasper on there steam page.

7. Default

Oh ok... lol, anyways good job!

8. Default might not be the end

sup guys, i had a discussion with pooter about this earlier and so far i can only diagnose your server with 2 problems and if it does happen to be the second one you're in trouble because he only needs to know your servers ip address, now what i thought at first was that it was a rogue admin who had ftp client access or a kid who had somehow gotten it that had changed server tickrate to 1 in turn fucking the server over.

But then i started to wonder if he had gotten his hands on some form of bot, maybe a big bros tool or a kiddie script from some stupid website, either way all i know is if he enters a command into these malicious bots such as "$flood [zmods server ip]" he can cause mad havok in the server by flooding the server host or server its self with packets, when the server recieves such a packet it will reply by sending the same packet back to it, but when a server recieves too many packets it can shut down a website or like it did to the server, lag it out mad. The server starts sending back these packets that are being flooded in almost completely forgetting about us since we arent giving as many packets, this is why we lag, the server responds to us but it takes a mad long time and the server loses the power to run the game fast and it causes lag, i studied this a bit more and if this is the case you will have to get something my friend suggested which is called peer guardian to trace the packets down to an ip, then once you have traced the ip call up said ip's net service provider (ISP) or email them and tell them about the hassle they are causing, internet will then be removed from the kid and his parents will spank his ass when they recieve such letter saying "we went snippy snip on ur net biznatch coz ur son thinks hes all leet n shit but really he has no balls lololol gg nointernet4u" and then he will cry for days, commit suicide and all will be fine again.

(please note if this is not the problem look at me im not a mad pc genius or anything)
    Last edited by Vandal; 05-18-2008 at 03:18 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    sup guys, i had a discussion with pooter about this earlier and so far i can only diagnose your server with 2 problems and if it does happen to be the second one you're in trouble because he only needs to know your servers ip address, now what i thought at first was that it was a rogue admin who had ftp client access or a kid who had somehow gotten it that had changed server tickrate to 1 in turn fucking the server over.

But then i started to wonder if he had gotten his hands on some form of bot, maybe a big bros tool or a kiddie script from some stupid website, either way all i know is if he enters a command into these malicious bots such as "$flood [zmods server ip]" he can cause mad havok in the server by flooding the server host or server its self with packets, when the server recieves such a packet it will reply by sending the same packet back to it, but when a server recieves too many packets it can shut down a website or like it did to the server, lag it out mad. The server starts sending back these packets that are being flooded in almost completely forgetting about us since we arent giving as many packets, this is why we lag, the server responds to us but it takes a mad long time and the server loses the power to run the game fast and it causes lag, i studied this a bit more and if this is the case you will have to get something my friend suggested which is called peer guardian to trace the packets down to an ip, then once you have traced the ip call up said ip's net service provider (ISP) or email them and tell them about the hassle they are causing, internet will then be removed from the kid and his parents will spank his ass when they recieve such letter saying "we went snippy snip on ur net biznatch coz ur son thinks hes all leet n shit but really he has no balls lololol gg nointernet4u" and then he will cry for days, commit suicide and all will be fine again.

(please note if this is not the problem look at me im not a mad pc genius or anything)
    lmao nice

10. Default

that would be a dos attack and our server is hosted in a data center that monitors such activity. A dos attack would hit the entire box and not just our single server on it, it would also flood the data center with traffic and they would ban the ip and hand it over to the FBI. People have done this before and that is how it is handled by our host. However this is not what was occurring b/c it would have lagged our match server along with other peoples servers too. In addition the steam update that I just installed fixes a nuke exploit that allows users to do exactly what you have described in a manor that is directed at the individual target unlike a dos attack. Therefore we should not have any more of this problem now that the servers have been updated.