Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: L4d

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Yes, but the problem is who is paying for this. At IBIS we use admin sales to fund the servers and website. Other places use raw donations, but with only a small number of players on each server and thus really small communities it would not be practical to run dedicated servers for that game and expect them to be sustainable.

Take the Zombie server here for example, despite the fact that it came after the pub it is the primary revenue source for IBIS Gaming. This is simply because it has more player slots and thus a larger community argo more admin sales.

Also, because there is only a very small player cap for the game there is going to be very limited competition between one server and another. As a result the only people that could afford to run them would be the Uber mega communities that have servers in like every game under the sun and grow there funds off of trees. The other possibility of this game is ending up like NS where you only have like 2 major server providers and a limited player group in the long run. The reason for that occurring in NS was that the game was originally made for 10 player servers, it was not until 30 slot servers were made that the game became popular and even then the game had to be reworked to be (somewhat) balanced.

I should also note the non-competitive nature of the game. What I mean by this is that lag is not as important of a factor as it is on cs. Also the game is made more with the idea you will be playing with friends from RL and thus using a server hosted on your own computer is not unpractical. Therefore it is far more likely that most of the servers will end up being basement systems being used for personal rather than commercial use.

No problem Zer0!

I'd donate if i had an amazing income lol... but i'm working my way for 1... talk to me in 8 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

2. Default

Yea that is fine just say something like:

Try out these great servers in CS:S
    ~List~