Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't see Names when Pointing to other players

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    That picture you showed me cyber... Looked like all it really needed was AA turned on. Put 4xAA msaa on and have some fun. or fxaa if thats your cup of tea.
    if i put any kind of AA on . my fps cuts by half... my graphic card is getting crappy. i need to survive till i get my new rig the end of summer:P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

i tried various AA settings. never got through the 12 steps.

but seriously it didn't do anything.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    That mght actually work , i remember that at some time it was working on my other computer, same skin, didn know why. Now i remember that my other crappy computer had sonlow fps that i installed casey's config. And i think that toggle was just predefined in the config settings. Thx for sharing man, i'll inform brett at once and post on those game banana thread hos to fox that if i works
    No problem, just did a little searching and found it out online.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    i tried various AA settings. never got through the 12 steps.

but seriously it didn't do anything.
    huh?
    you mean you tried the different levels? AA is actually a rather complicated thing there are way more then 12 variations, even within CSS.

is the "it didnt do anything" a comment on AA or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

If I'm not mistaken, CS:S is limited to 8x internally(Is for me anyhow Oo ?) I have to force higher settings threw Nvidia CP, my default skins look quite good...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

6. Default

I wonder if they were server side skins if that would change anything?

7. Default

I wonder if they were server side skins if that would change anything?
    now that you mention it, i havent played GG and paid attention to names since i got my new skin set... could it be that its the wcs overlayed skins and colors that are conflicting? and that the issue is only on our wcs which i play 99% of the time?

brett if u have the same issue, mind checking GG for me? unless i make it first later...

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Happens everywhere for me, even local servers. Tried uninstalling CSS, validating game files...everything imaginable. Gotta be some console setting somewhere is all I can figure, somehow caused by a skin or HUD we installed at some point

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    Happens everywhere for me, even local servers. Tried uninstalling CSS, validating game files...everything imaginable. Gotta be some console setting somewhere is all I can figure, somehow caused by a skin or HUD we installed at some point
    brett i found this. claims to solve the issue, do u mind testing? im still stuck at work -.-

cl_drawhud 1
    overview_preferred_mode 1
    overview_alpha 255
    overview_names 1
    overview_health 1
    hud_showtargetid 1

10. Default

The overview has a transparency setting o_O dafuq

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?