Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lychee's formal application for clan status

1. Default Lychee's formal application for clan status

Hello everyone, finally, I have figured out that ibisgaming is part of my lifestyle. I play on wcs regularly, so I thought I would get admin and help moderating activity on wcs. I have differences on this server with players, but I do not have grudges against anyone. Now, on the server, I just shut up and play my part. Please induct me to the ibis clan. Please leave feedback. Thanks. I need your support. haha, this is like running a democratic race.

In game name: Lychee
    Usual server: WCS
    Occupation: Sales Representative for Telecommunications Company.
    Years of game play on WCS: I think a couple of years.
    Last edited by lychee; 07-09-2012 at 12:15 PM.

2. Default

If you want admin pay 11$, if you want clan get known, respected, and out a lot of work in. Then maybe if you are really lucky a few years later you will be clan.

3. Default

Oh, I purchased admin today, but I want to be in the ibis clan. I am at work now and can not go play on server's. Thanks for feedback. I will try to do my part on servers.

4. Default

Look at my post count and what i've done for the community. Compare that to you. I'm still not close to clan. You need to do a hell of a lot more than play on the servers for a while.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Carmichal View Post
    If you want admin pay 11$, if you want clan get known, respected, and out a lot of work in. Then maybe if you are really lucky a few years later you will be clan.
    ^ This

Admin and Clan are different. IBIS has several levels of heirarchy:

- Regular Admin = Pay $11.00 and you're in, no requirements/prerequisites needed. Duties: Maintaining order in servers.
    - Upper Level Admin = Only 5 spots available (currently none open). They are above admins and are allowed to vote on Perma Bans.
    - CLAN = They have been here for AGES (I mean AAAAAGGGGESSSSS ). Duties vary from person to person I believe, but some may help with programming, offer good suggestions in forums on updating our servers, original starters of IBIS (ex: ZERO), and so on.

No offense meant, but Clan is probably not going to happen anytime soon... Clan members are well known throughout IBIS (well... if they're active ), and have been here for several years as Carmichal said. To be in clan means you have shown ambition and motivation to help the IBIS community, have met/interacted with other clan members (this is big as THEY are the ones who will be voting you in), and have not shown any signs of abuse or mistrust. Below your name is a meter that will update as you post more on the forums. You're currently an "IBIS Fan" meaning you probably have a dozen posts max on the forums? When that gets to "IBIS GOD", "IBIS Master" or "IBIS 31337", resubmit an app.

Ways to Help your cause:
    - Play a bit on ALL servers (you need to at least TRY them, a good deal of clan tend to play in the Pub server and GG i believe, though WCS is awesome )
    - Get on the forums more. Put in your when you feel you have something worthwhile to say. This gets you exposure and shows you're interested in not only playing, but helping further the community.
    - DON'T GET IN TROUBLE!!! (This is big, if you start firebombing people, slaying all, banning without due cause, you won't be PLAYING here let alone get into the clan's good graces).
    - Catch Hackers/ Issue Bans. In the application for clan (which you should have formatted to when making this thread ), it has a spot for you to put in the bans you've issued. Bans to admins are like Vaccuum Cleaners to Door-to-door Sales-people. The more you have, the better your commision (shows your doing your job). DON'T give bans though unless they are deserving (overturned bans count against you )
    - Fun to play with. If you're copacetic to be around, it can't hurt your chances

Best of luck in future!
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

6. Default

Wow, thanks this is much more informative. I just wanted to clear the fact that I know the difference between paid admin and clan member. I was looking to become a clan member. I am not a huge fan of zombie mod. However, I did play on the other pubs a couple years ago, but did not play on it since then. I will try to play on different games later. Thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef C Green View Post
    ^ This

- Regular Admin = Pay $11.00 and you're in, no requirements/prerequisites needed. Duties: Maintaining order in servers.
    - Upper Level Admin = Only 5 spots available (currently none open). They are above admins and are allowed to vote on Perma Bans.
    - CLAN = They have been here for AGES (I mean AAAAAGGGGESSSSS ). Duties vary from person to person I believe, but some may help with programming, offer good suggestions in forums on updating our servers, original starters of IBIS (ex: ZERO), and so on.

No offense meant, but Clan is probably not going to happen anytime soon... Clan members are well known throughout IBIS (well... if they're active ), and have been here for several years as Carmichal said. To be in clan means you have shown ambition and motivation to help the IBIS community, have met/interacted with other clan members (this is big as THEY are the ones who will be voting you in), and have not shown any signs of abuse or mistrust. Below your name is a meter that will update as you post more on the forums. You're currently an "IBIS Fan" meaning you probably have a dozen posts max on the forums? When that gets to "IBIS GOD", "IBIS Master" or "IBIS 31337", resubmit an app.

Ways to Help your cause:
    - Play a bit on ALL servers (you need to at least TRY them, a good deal of clan tend to play in the Pub server and GG i believe, though WCS is awesome )
    - Get on the forums more. Put in your when you feel you have something worthwhile to say. This gets you exposure and shows you're interested in not only playing, but helping further the community.
    - DON'T GET IN TROUBLE!!! (This is big, if you start firebombing people, slaying all, banning without due cause, you won't be PLAYING here let alone get into the clan's good graces).
    - Catch Hackers/ Issue Bans. In the application for clan (which you should have formatted to when making this thread ), it has a spot for you to put in the bans you've issued. Bans to admins are like Vaccuum Cleaners to Door-to-door Sales-people. The more you have, the better your commision (shows your doing your job). DON'T give bans though unless they are deserving (overturned bans count against you )
    - Fun to play with. If you're copacetic to be around, it can't hurt your chances

Best of luck in future!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chef C Green View Post
    ^ This

Ways to Help your cause:

Best of luck in future!
    i would donate an extra admin this month if this fucking post gets stickied in the "Clan APP section", probably redirected to as a "FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD READ ME YOU IMBECILE" lol...
    i love the way the post is structure, give or take a couple technicalities here and there.
    1 thing is, dnt go posting useless shit on the forums just to get ur count up... doesnt end well lol...

lychee, saying it straight, you are unbelievably far off from applying to clan. you have to understand that people have been waiting for about 4-5 years to get in clan (example steamr), or 3-4 years also (example me and other ulas and oldies around), and so forth... the line up is HUGE and everyone works their ass off just to be noticed and accepted as a "valuable member" of the community. You have to do something for the community that makes you indispensible for the time being, and not just some random guy with 11 bucks didnt wanna buy on a shawarma or smthn...

if you get bashed for posting an app, its all gd, people are showing u that u're ahead of urself. but keep working hard and gd, be a gd admin (i have my eyes on u ) and u will be fine, in time, if the world doesnt end in a few months. be more active. ciao now.

edit: i just re read my post and thought that I sounded like a prick LOL... good haha... no but seriously, i meant my post in the friendliest way man gd luck.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

What they said.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

Best of luck on your journey, it's going 2 be a long one. You have much 2 do if you want clan.
    Last edited by maynard; 07-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    it's going 2 be a long one
    Oh lawd jeezzus.

Good luck Lychee
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones