Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: For the love of F#(%!^& GOD! Read This BEFORE Applying

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Default For the love of F#(%!^& GOD! Read This BEFORE Applying

APPLYING FOR IBIS POSITIONS: Knowing your place...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IBIS community has several levels of hierarchy:

Admins

- These are players who have purchased admin for a fee and wear the tag <ibis.a>. There is no prerequisites (logged-time, posts on forums, IQ test, pubes, NONE), and you are given basic powers (ex: mute, gag, slay, kick, ban (Max duration 1 MONTH), freeze, etc). Your job is to continue as you normally do and play on the servers. If you notice a hacker, someone spamming on mic/chat, or in some way affecting gameplay, it is your duty to intervene. This does not mean you can go around the servers using your powers however you wish, you WILL follow the rules for the server and the Terms of Service (TOS) you agreed to. You know why i'm sure you won't cause trouble?

(1) SourceTV
    (2) Everyone here has their eyes on YOU (Everyone....)

Moving on!

Upper Level Admins (ULA)

- These are the admins that have PROVEN themselves in the past to be indispensable. Generally they will wear the <ibis.a> tag as well (<???>), but are identified by ZERO in the ULA section of the forums (HERE). This is also where you want to look to see if there is an open slot to apply for, as there are only FIVE ULA's at any given time. These elite few are given the power to issue PERMA BANS, give rulings on bans, and discipline admins/players stepping outta line . Players must also have certain Pre-Requisites for this position (FOUND HERE) which include things like being admin for at least 9 months, and no guilty verdicts of abuse in the last 3 months.

Ways to Improve your Odds:
    - Do your job.... As much as we appreciate your monetary contributions to our community, the only way you're going to move up is by stepping up. Be active, help the server flow, ban a bunch-a hackers, the normal stuff.
    - Being active on the forums.
    - Refining your hacker radar (watch videos online, do research, check out old ban threads/demos). A main duty for ULA's is prosecuting hackers, so you better be sure before you swing the ban hammer...

IBIS CLAN Members

- Doesn't get any higher than this (minus "OWNER", but ZERO and JigSaW (and Enzo?) aren't giving it up). Clan members are those who wear the tag <ibis> in server (and will also have "IBIS" under their name for their progress bar in the forums). They are the IBIS Illuminati, the all-knowing secret society who conduct their deeds from the shadows (a.k.a. Forums) and control EVERYTHING. They make the rules, they have the final say, basically don't question them (correction: insult them (but neither is really wise =x)), EVER . It won't end well, i'm just telling you up front.

As you can imagine, many players are trying to get to clan (who doesn't want the supreme godly power of "STFU OR I KILL YOU!"?). Because of this, you need to be here a long-long-long-long-long-long-long-long-long *takes a hit* -long-long-long-long-long-long-long-longggggggggg time before you become a blip on their radar (ask Steamer). ANYWAY! That being said, there are some ways to grease the wheels a bit:

Ways to Help your cause:
    - Play a bit on ALL servers (you need to at least TRY them, a good deal of clan tend to play in the Pub server and GG, though WCS every so often (Zmod...not so much )
    - Get on the forums more. Put in your when you feel you have something worthwhile to say (posting for posting's sake will get you shot down hard). This gets you exposure and shows you're interested in not only playing, but helping further the community.
    - DON'T GET IN TROUBLE!!! (This is big, if you start firebombing people, slaying all, banning without due cause, you won't be PLAYING here let alone get into the clan's good graces).
    - Catch Hackers/ Issue Bans. In your application, putting your past bans (both for ULA app and CLAN) is typically wanted. Bans to admins are like Vaccuum Cleaners to Door-to-door Sales-people. The more you give out, the better your commision (shows your doing your job). DON'T give bans though unless they are deserving (overturned bans count against you... no-brainer?)
    - Fun to play with. If you're copacetic to be around, it can't hurt your chances, right?
    - It's not about WHAT you know, but WHO you know

Current Clan Members (Will Update Periodically):

-=NYC=-C.O., anex, deprodigy, Dual, dutch, Hitman, inthebutt, Jeimuzu, JigSaW, ManBearPig<ibis>, maynard, midget, Rapedollar$, rezel, ricochet, The.Beast.13., uncle june, vladninja, whytboiz33, wickedtribe, XxMastagunzxX, ZERO.

In short, if you have "IBIS Fan" on your forums progress bar (below your name...), GTFO. If you've been here for several years, have "IBIS GOD" or similar for your progress bar, can name most if not all clan + ULA off the top of your head (Bonus Points: Being able to cite them in forums), and have the undeniable impression that you are an indispensable addition to the IBIS Community, you might be on the right track . Give yourself a cookie and start drafting that application.

< By request from CYBER, ADMIN Please (and a cookie if ya got one?)>
    Last edited by Chef C Green; 07-10-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

2. Default

Good job, +1 this should be a required read imo, just to filter out the stuff that only gets flamed.

Wait just thought of this... isn't a bit strange that a non-clan member is posting this... no offence. It just might lose some credit, or worse confuse people. Just a tid bit to think about.

3. Default

You can become clan with minimal forum posting(getting into clan is more then just forum posting but it can help) , Also there are more people higher then clan then just zero, you just dont see them around very often.
    Questioning clan member is fine o_O just dont insult them. That doesnt end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

+1 I support this post!
    Also there are two Founders Zero and Jigsaw... Jigsaw is active duty and doesn't appear as often.

5. Default

I heard enzo apperently has the same ammount of power as jigsaw and zero though. Am I wrong?

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Carmichal View Post
    Good job, +1 this should be a required read imo, just to filter out the stuff that only gets flamed.

Wait just thought of this... isn't a bit strange that a non-clan member is posting this... no offence. It just might lose some credit, or worse confuse people. Just a tid bit to think about.
    I helped write a sticky on demos a while back if that helps my pre-reqs =D? IDM if clan wants to re-copy and post?

@StarsMine, agreed posting is not a requirement, but it does get the exposure outside of just playing. My mistake about JigSaw and Enzo (I kinda would like to add a list of current clan members in here if someone wants to post the names of everyone? I see a few here and there but don't know probably half or more =x, hence why I'm saving my app (ULA, not Clan though i think)). Anyway I added in corrections.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

7. Default

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showgroups.php

Scroll down and you see admin and IBIS

8. Default

Rapedollar$ or maynard will sticky this I'm sure but chef hit the nail right on the head. One thing though yes you can become clan by just soley playing in the ZM servers, just ask james.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

Everyone in the clan looks at it a different way and that is why it takes months from when we even start to think about new members before actually selecting any. One thing I can say is that what we do care about is what a player has contributed to the community over the years and what we think they will do once they are in clan. A big question that always comes up is how will X use their position as a clan member. What we want is for the answer to that question to be to enrich the community without a doubt in the mind of any existing clan member.

10. Default

Does whitboyz count as current? He will always be part of the clan, yes, but you dont say Eisenhower is a current member of the military.
    I guess that would change by what you mean by current.